HEEELLPP on art of fighting 2

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
can anyone help i just started playing art of fighting 2 again and im even shitter than before (and i wasnt good then).

no matter what i do i get made to bend over and grab my ankles.

can any one give me some advice/ tips to try and get trought this cus i really like the game but every time i play it i get seriously fucked up,the cheap ass game always has a n answer to whatever i try:very_ang:

thanks

i like to play with ryo,king and robert .

Bogard--

n00b
C'mon. Can anyone answer this post. I have the same problem in AOF2. Great game, maybe the best of the AOF series. But way too hard. I would love to know some ways to beat the game. Anyway. I'll go ahead and give my own VERY limited advice for what sometimes works for me...
1. Using Roboert or Ryo, you can repeat the flying kick special and take chip damage, it can be done even when your special meter is gone if you distance it right.
2. I've heard you can repeat a throw pattern over and over, but i've never been able to time it throughout a match. One slip and its back to getting owned by the cpu.
3. sometimes you can knock them out of the air with a standing kick. This works against ryo for me.
4. King is hard as fuck.
5. Someone who is better than me, please post some real advice!

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i have given up many years ago, the 4th guy thats as far as i got, its insane.
now the game just sit pretty on my shelf.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
SweepTheLeg.jpg

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Seriously triangle jump off the wall with jump kick and then sweep. There are many pattern type strategies to beat the computer without losing a round. It is annoying to do though. You can't just straight up fight on this game, you will lose.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bump it down to level 1 until you get more used to the way the game plays.

You can goad the computer into doing things by doing certain things yourself. They're different for each character. You need to find those things, make the AI do something, then punish them. It also helps if you can pull off your DM consistently at will. So characters with easy to perform DMs like Ryo and Robert are good to start with. But generally speaking, don't use other special moves too much.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
You can program moves early or while you are performing other specials. Timing is everything. Endings are funny and worth the price of admission.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
can anyone help i just started playing art of fighting 2 again and im even shitter than before (and i wasnt good then).

no matter what i do i get made to bend over and grab my ankles.

can any one give me some advice/ tips to try and get trought this cus i really like the game but every time i play it i get seriously fucked up,the cheap ass game always has a n answer to whatever i try:very_ang:

thanks

i like to play with ryo,king and robert .

Whose giving you problems with whom for starters. Robert's the character I usually get to Geese with on my good days (Beating him with Robert's another story.).

I've found some effective tactics with Ryo, Robert and Takuma when getting through AOF II.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I've been coming up with other simple strategies lately when I put in a good 3 hours of AOF 2 play today. A simple standing punch or kick can sucker the AI more than you think. Just time it right and have the right distance, the latter is the harder part for me.

The same goes for when ducking with attack... the computer likes to just duck and jab a lot. All you gotta do is get the right distance and nail them in between their ducking jabs. This doesn't work too great with Mr. Big though.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You can play with Takuma, and just keep chipping away with his flying flame kick. Sometimes when doing this you need to jump back to a safe distance and then start again.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Seriously triangle jump off the wall with jump kick and then sweep. There are many pattern type strategies to beat the computer without losing a round. It is annoying to do though. You can't just straight up fight on this game, you will lose.

Yup. Its just like mortal kombat 2.