Sam Sho : Edge of Destiny New Trailer

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I preordered the game at Gamestop since my store only carries short release titles on an order basis. Recently, I ran into a couple of stores here that when BlazBlue and Flower, Sun, Rain were released they only carried copies for those who reserved. They only had used stock a month after the realease. I'm finding the same issue with Raiden IV and Raiden Fighters for 360.

I think the game's set at $39.99 over here.

Reality Check

World Hero
The people that played it said it sucked balls. Something akin to being a shitty 3D fighter from 1995.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The $40 price tag is suspect. Does SNk-P already know that this game is going to suck too much to justify a full price tag, especially after the KOF XII debacle?

This doesn't look at ALL like a game I will want to play with others. I will play it only as a curiosity and also out of my OCD for keeping my game series collections as complete as possible.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The combat looks bad, but some of the 2d art style looks pretty nice.

I def. wont buy till it comes out and is reviewed

Reality Check

World Hero
The $40 price tag is suspect. Does SNk-P already know that this game is going to suck too much to justify a full price tag, especially after the KOF XII debacle?

This doesn't look at ALL like a game I will want to play with others. I will play it only as a curiosity and also out of my OCD for keeping my game series collections as complete as possible.

$40 isn't full price. SNK-P won't let the failure of KoF XII reflect how they handle Samurai Shodown EoD. They're to different games. Plus, this game is under the radar compared to KoF.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Is this an arcade title or disc release? The linked trailer seems to suggest an arcade release.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I think its home console only ? Dunno why I think that though, but I remember reading it somewhere

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
/waiting for Lyte Edge's inevitable post:D

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah, it's a 360 console exclusive release. It's atmosphere is more SS like compared to Tenka, but just about everyone is bashing it hard for having overly 3d gameplay. I'll get it as a SS fan, not as a gameplay whore, as I don't really care about 3d fighters in general.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I am more of a 2D guy (save for Virtua Fighter, always loved that series) but I never write off a fighter if its good.

Just seems like there arent many decent 3D fighters

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Holy crap that juggling is overboard. There's so much comboing, it makes SS4 look like SS2. It's like they have perfectly distilled everything I DON'T want a Samurai Shodown game to be into one terrible game.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
This video was like 90% old stuff
fun moments:
-They admit that Takechiyo is based off Musashi (they apparently skip part that its Vagabond Musashi though)
-The call Golba "yaiba no majin", lol. He's not even japanese to begin with and looks like marching band director instead of "sword demon". Besides "sword demon" was a nickname of Rasetsu/Bust Haohmaru in SSAZ (read as kenki in japanese)
-They try to cash in by selling Suzuhime's toy sword

I liked the comments under the video, I wonder if SNK reads users feedback about their games, because its of same kind under each of new trailers.

About juggling, that is the core point of this game. Its all about "hit & long juggle from repeating same attack" if opponent is open, and "use generic knee-to-face grab" when he blocks.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I know its really a lost cause to hope these new SNKP games are gonna be good, but shit...I still hope they will be! KOF XII was the best UNFINISHED game ever. Nice graphics, fun gameplay

and a completely boring package. Online was impossible, and offline against the computer was a joke

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I'm not very fond of 3d fighters either. Looks like i'm going to skip this one and desperately hope for another 2d sequel.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME.

It is complete shit. If you guys thought KOF XII was even remotely bad, you are going to go insane after you play Edge Of Destiny.

Cancel your pre-orders. Don't reward SNK with your hard-earned dollars for this kind of garbage.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Is it bad that just like KOF 12, I have a hope this might actually not suck?

I hate hoping and waiting for a good sequel to my favorite games, just to get dissapointed (and XII was a huge fuck-you to the fans in my opinion)
This topic is spam, right? You're trolling?

jman619

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm really shocked it is coming out as soon as it is. Last I heard it was pushed way back. Wait a sec... 360 exclusive? I thought I read ps3/360. Maybe that was a rumor. I was hoping for it to be on PS3. I may still get it on 360 someday,but I doubt its worth retail after what all of you guys have mentioned.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
The people that played it said it sucked balls. Something akin to being a shitty 3D fighter from 1995.

I had a chance to look this over also. I really, really tried hard to like this but honestly Namco just does 3D better in terms of fighting games.