How can you tell if a MetalSlug 1 AES cart is legit?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Greetings,
I was wondering how you tell the difference between an !ARCADE! metal Slug conversion and a real one without having to open up your cart? The reason I ask this is because I used to own an!ARCADE! Ganryu cart and it looked so authentic it was painful. I don't exactly have the money right now to purchase an MS1, but if I (or any of you)ever come across one, i'm sure it would be nice information to know.

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Look at the cart sticker and insert.. An eye looking for detail should be able to see the difference between an SNK print job and any other one done from a scan (washed out colors, pixelating, faint coloring etc).

The other thing might be the bottom of the cart ( the downside which you stick into the console)

When these carts are opened, you normally start working on the bottom 2 pins there which hold together the downside of the case.Most conversions have tiny marks because of that opening. Some force is needed to do so, so normally it always leaves traces (no matter how tiny)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Does anyone here own an !arcade! converted metalslug? What's your input on the quality? Like I said before, If I didn't already know that my Ganryu was a conversion and that there wasn't an official release, I would swear it was legit.