Neo Geo Images required

strider

duck duck goose
Does anyone have any decent high quality photos of a NEO Geo? Preferably directly looking down on it. I'm pitching it as a cover and need some shit hot photos and unfortunately I don't have a machine.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Does anyone have any decent high quality photos of a NEO Geo? Preferably directly looking down on it. I'm pitching it as a cover and need some shit hot photos and unfortunately I don't have a machine.

Home system (I'm assuming) or a cabinet?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

But you probably have a megadrive.

What the hell is going on?! How can old school gamers not have a neo geo home system? They're dirt cheap now, and the games are all affordable.

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Any certain way you want the shot set up?

I can get you a 10MP shot of it.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Can't the designers at retro gamer get an image from somewhere? even if it involves buying a flyer on ebay or .. getting a system just to take a high res image of it. Surely it can't be this amateur?

I really feel we should be employed by retro gamer sometimes, for all this hard work we put in writing their articles, providing cover art etc.

Also, do we really need a neogeo retrospective every 12months :scratch:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Sending now, what email you want me to send to?

Being sent to your hotmail acct.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I am a photog / filmmaker for a living. PM me if you need a professional looking shot (not saying Tonk's shot wont be, but if you need more)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I am a photog / filmmaker for a living. PM me if you need a professional looking shot (not saying Tonk's shot wont be, but if you need more)

I'd go with the above - I've seen his work.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
How'd you see my work? haha...I always wonder how people come across it?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I sent a pm to Strider to hear more about the project, but I am up to help out. Maybe I will shoot some photos tonight and post em online for people to check out (no promises, see what the gf wants to do tonite)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
this was just me screwing around in about 10 minutes or so

sample1.jpg

Totally undone, didn't even clean my console. Also would want to photoshop out the modded AV / S-Video ports on the back.

Also iron the sheet, as I need pure, crisp white....like its not even there. For now I used a pillow-case. If I did it for real, I'd actually set up a mini might box to photograph it

My idea...making the console look almost 'gritty'...I always thought the Neo-Geo was a bit more 'hardcore' than the rest of the game market, so I want to give it a look that sort of tells that 'idea'...or whatever the fuck I mean haha...I suck at explanations.

If I go any further with the idea, I want the SNK and Neo-Geo logo to really pop. Photoshop some intensity in the colors, while bleeding some of the others out

Really just 10 minutes worth of prep after getting home from dinner and a movie w/ the gf.

Its a Ring Flash over a lens that has too large of glass for it to fit, so the vignette is real, and not a photoshop. Nikon d90 w/ 18-105mm Nikkor @ 1/80 f8

Any and all feedback is always welcome, and anyone can check any other samples of my work out @ www.anthonywbacon.com

Hope someone likes it! Even if its 1/4 assed right now

strider

duck duck goose
But you probably have a megadrive.

What the hell is going on?! How can old school gamers not have a neo geo home system? They're dirt cheap now, and the games are all affordable.

Affordable? Last time I looked you're still looking at £150+ for just a system. Not dirt cheap for someone with a nagging with and two kids.

Can't the designers at retro gamer get an image from somewhere? even if it involves buying a flyer on ebay or .. getting a system just to take a high res image of it. Surely it can't be this amateur?

I really feel we should be employed by retro gamer sometimes, for all this hard work we put in writing their articles, providing cover art etc.

Also, do we really need a neogeo retrospective every 12months

You obviously don't read the magazine Kernow as you'd know that aside from a MVS piece many, many moons ago, we've never covered the actual AES since I've taken over the magazine and certainly not in the last 12 months.

Still it wouldn't be a forum is someone wasn't moaning about our mag ;)

Oh and you're absolutely right. It should be easy enough to get a machine off eBay, but not when you don't have any budget and would have to pay for it out of your own pocket. Therefore I have to try and be as resourceful as I can. You're welcome to do a job swap with me if you think you could do a better job.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
No thanks! I didn't mean your magazine only, but a lot of magazines are all 'omg neo geo' and all it really does is invites more price raising for games because the prices or information is almost always wrong and we get newcomers who've read the magazine popping in and saying 'oh guys I hear metal slug is the rarest game ever and worth £3000, (see metal slug writeup for reference).

Heaven forbid you actually find some skilled, well-informed writers and not just constantly ask people off forums. Will you be sending it to us for printing next or maybe we can stand on the street selling it like the big issue.

I don't know. I haven't seen any other retro publication or games magazine do this, constantly ask forums related to any games system for writers, information, what games are best, and now cover art pictures! Maybe they have a bigger budget than you, but I bet you're on some pc engine, snes, megadrive forums too, asking them to also do the hard work for your magazine.

:eye:

I guess it doesn't really matter because I'll never buy it for £5 an issue or whatever it is.

strider

duck duck goose
We don't constantly ask forums and most machines I own or someone at work does. Every now and then though you come across something like the Neo. Honestly, people like yourself bitch when we get something wrong in the mag, and then when we either employ people from forums like this or ask people for advice you still moan.

Anyway, life's far too short to get disheartened by a pessimist like yourself, who has stated on many occasions why he doesn't like the mag, especially when so many people here have been kind enough to offer me advice when needed.

See you on the flip side. I have some Mega Drive, PC Engine, Master System, NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, Amiga, Atari ST, Jaguar, Lynx, Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, BBC Micro, Game Boy, Neo Geo Pocket, Game Boy Advance, DS, Dragon 32, Dreamcast and various other console and computer forums to visit.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
We don't constantly ask forums and most machines I own or someone at work does. Every now and then though you come across something like the Neo. Honestly, people like yourself bitch when we get something wrong in the mag, and then when we either employ people from forums like this or ask people for advice you still moan.

Anyway, life's far too short to get disheartened by a pessimist like yourself, who has stated on many occasions why he doesn't like the mag, especially when so many people here have been kind enough to offer me advice when needed.

See you on the flip side. I have some Mega Drive, PC Engine, Master System, NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, Amiga, Atari ST, Jaguar, Lynx, Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, BBC Micro, Game Boy, Neo Geo Pocket, Game Boy Advance, DS, Dragon 32, Dreamcast and various other console and computer forums to visit.

Did you get my big ass pic that I mailed you?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
that looks really bad. its like someones ebay auction photo but overexposed. the angles not even square. :emb:

Like I said...10 minutes. If strider isn't interested, I wont spend a day or so actually doing it. Just concept photos is all

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Arcadeshock have a nice few images on their site....

ngaesledpower.gif

A box...

l_ngboxedsystem.gif

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Arcadeshock have a nice few images on their site....

ngaesledpower.gif

A box...

l_ngboxedsystem.gif

Can't use those or SNK might file a lawsuit and Vinh will have to shut down.

SWAPPING MVS KIT LABELS FTW!!!!11!!

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Well actually, if those were taken for the S-C website, Vinh would be in the position to sue the magazine for using their copyrighted images.

That is if they didn't bother getting a release for them.