Anyone out there that still does CPS3 Battery Replacement?

kazuo

New Challenger
I tried searching and asking around before posting this, but I couldn't find anyone that would do the replacement/still offers the service.

Does anyone know of someone reliable who is brave enough to do the replacement? I have a 3S cart here that needs a battery swap, I just got it and the seller has no clue when the battery was last changed...

Thanks!

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I replaced my 2nd impact, Jojo 2 and 3s batteries two months ago. The 2nd impact and Jojo 2 still work. 3s worked for three days after. I went on vacation and two weeks later it didn't work anymore. I checked the solder job, flawless. Battery was brand new and still had a full charge. Not sure what happened to it. Then again the motherboard I used never did like the cabinet it was in. It may have shorted or something...

I have a SF3: NG and Jojo 1 cart to change so I'll let you know my results on that. I'm pretty sure my battery changing job didn't kill the 3s though...

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Mitsurugi-w, are you using the helper battery method or changing the battery while the game is running?

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I haven't tried helper in awhile. I used the power on method with the three games I did a few months back.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Thanks. I think I'll try that method for my Jojo's.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
I can do them and have a flawless record with the swaps, but can't guarantee/warranty due to risk.

Contact me via PM/email if interested.

han cholo

n00b
so is there just one battery to replace on the cps3 boards? Also, am I to understand that the most common way of changing the battery on those is to de-solder it while the board is running? :scratch:

kazuo

New Challenger
Found someone who says he can do it but hit up kpj with a PM just in case.

Thanks