bad repair? or...?

foxfire

New Challenger
ok, so i can't figure this one out. my apologies to the seller if you read this but i had to ask.

prog board looks different from the examples here: http://www.boredstu.com/neogeo/games/kof98/kof98.html

cha board matches the pic in pcb set 1 in above link so i did not bother to take pictures.

prog board pics (note the bad soldering/legs removed from chips/scratches at certain solder points):

have you played it?

cos there is a rom, V1, with sound samples missing, it wouldn´t stop the game from working but there should be missing sound samples in some parts of the game.

edit: and the rest of the hackjob is to make 32mbit roms work with a board that accepts 16mbits roms max.

Last edited:

foxfire

New Challenger
i did notice the missing v1 chip too...hard to see in the picture, but the v4 chip looks like it is soldered on top of another chip, i am wondering if that is the v1 chip? i will try to take a better picture later, so you can see what i mean.
i played it briefly and it does work. not sure if any sound samples are missing however.

so V4 is sitting on top of V1, alright that can be done.

it´s definitely a repair job, but whomever did it had to make a hack into the prog board that was chosen, samsho2, wh2j, aof2 era prog board, so it would work with higher meg rom chips from kof98.