Most "Beat bys" ive got a screen shot for on FF Special

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
There has been heaps of times we have gotten more, but when do we ever have the screeshot for it?

Here is a quick one i thought id share with you between me and a good friend of mine and very skilled player:

KickedthefuckoutofAL.jpg

NEO-GEO man

Its not a common thing that ill get that far without being flogged, usually either one of us will struggle to reach 3 or 4 wins before the other gets over them!!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
18 wins with mai ?

pheraps your friends aren't really that good :D

NEO-GEO man

HAHAHA!! Hard to say really, we have only been playing it since 1993!! ;)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You can play since day one and not be good. Many people play for ages and lack fundamentals, and view fighting games in the simplistic idea of punishing air actions and doing moves at the proper time. There is a huge broad base of players without poking/footsies also. There are those who don't read opponents based on their patternistic play and just play to the same music constantly.

Anyone who is truly good at fighting games can figure out what a persons weakness is, what they do that's a stupid risk, what they don't do. These people invent a style right on sight that can beat others who don't understand the same principles of spacing, poking, execution, prediction, when to take a risk, when to wait, when to bait, molding a opponent to literally be your mental slave based on their own failures. It is why people win tourneys and the strongest players have this ability and literally program others for failure they don't even realize its happening a lot of the time to, and that is where you get the whining and scrubbery. A lack of knowledge and a bruised intellect and ego.

3rd strike is one of the most beautiful games ever made as far as the design of adaption. To me, it is unmatched.

In FFS I use Terry and get lots of streaks, but my comp doesn't understand what I do, so it doesn't matter. A streak means something when you get it against really strong comp who's put in stupid time. For example, terry has a pressure loop that is really good against people who don't adapt to it quickly. Against someone with a sharp mind, that will work once or twice, then they will either guard it endlessly, or hit you right out of any opening that you make to keep it going. Then I must retire that strategy instantly, and reform my game to be what at its core base is the best thing it can be.

Good opponents are people who will figure you out and get you worked up by beating you down, then it is your gift to learn from these things, and rebuild a stronger game. To me its the same thing as how we adapt to sickness, when you learn certain lessons, they are learned. Anyone can develop this by putting in time and really thinking "how does my opponent view this situation"

For example, I had a 80+ streak against friends in KOF 2002 when I solely played that game, and built my game execution wise. At that time though, nobody I was playing directly was on that same level, since I had exposure with other stronger players in a different environment, so that streak doesn't mean anything really. It is a ego booster sure, but that doesn't dictate how good I am as a player.

The person who's beating you guys is probably doing so because he has adapted to patterns you have that you don't think about as deep as he does, and he's probably using tools to stop your one way directive mindset because he's noticed something. In the end he'll probably remain at that same level until the rest of you step it up and be patient enough to dissect him.

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
and mai really isn't that good in gds

duck,jubei,kim..ok
but mai ? you really can't win 18 times with mai

that is,unless your opponent was using axel

NEO-GEO man

Lord Wolfgang, we always considered ourselves very good at the game, and our track record against others proved that since neither of us were EVER defeated in any arcade and often won with perfect or very close to it for at least one round of the match, and when we go against each other, there is no one method that will continue to work for more than one or 2 rounds, so its a constant rethink of methods whenever we battle each other.

I have serious doubts about us being in your league, cause as we have aged abit we have both slowed down and we're not what we were 8-10 years ago, but then we dont play it in arcades and havent done since early and mid 90s.

All you say there is very correct though and i agree.

and mai really isn't that good in gds

duck,jubei,kim..ok
but mai ? you really can't win 18 times with mai

that is,unless your opponent was using axel
He uses everyone at some point in our battles except Geese. I think the reason i flogged him so hard with Mai is cause its very rare either of us use her, and when i picked her every win i had ( with the exception of a small few ) were VERY close to me being dead, and i think there was only 1 or 2 bouts where i won 2 straight without a loss, all the rest i won 2 fights but still lost one, being that my mate selects a different character almost every time he gets beaten, it was probably easier for me to keep ontop of things.

Plus we were both under the influence of substantial amounts of Irish Whiskey by the end of playing that. ;)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Whiskey will impair gaming judgement !

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang, we always considered ourselves very good at the game, and our track record against others proved that since neither of us were EVER defeated in any arcade and often won with perfect or very close to it for at least one round of the match, and when we go against each other, there is no one method that will continue to work for more than one or 2 rounds, so its a constant rethink of methods whenever we battle each other.

I have serious doubts about us being in your league, cause as we have aged abit we have both slowed down and we're not what we were 8-10 years ago, but then we dont play it in arcades and havent done since early and mid 90s.

All you say there is very correct though and i agree.

He uses everyone at some point in our battles except Geese. I think the reason i flogged him so hard with Mai is cause its very rare either of us use her, and when i picked her every win i had ( with the exception of a small few ) were VERY close to me being dead, and i think there was only 1 or 2 bouts where i won 2 straight without a loss, all the rest i won 2 fights but still lost one, being that my mate selects a different character almost every time he gets beaten, it was probably easier for me to keep ontop of things.

Plus we were both under the influence of substantial amounts of Irish Whiskey by the end of playing that. ;)

That is great dude. I wish the scene was still as strong over here like it was in the golden ages =(

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I remember having some insane number of wins back in 93 when the game first came out. When I finally lost, nobody would let me back on the machine. It was with Kim, btw :D

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
since when is Mai a bad character? the most recent Japanese tier listing I saw (from 2004 or so) had her at #3.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
She is 3? Wow. I thought it was like, Jubei, Kim, Andy.

NEO-GEO man

That is great dude. I wish the scene was still as strong over here like it was in the golden ages =(

Yeah there is very very few arcades left in Australia, and youd be hard pressed to find any NEO-GEO games anywhere that isnt a private collection.
I remember having some insane number of wins back in 93 when the game first came out. When I finally lost, nobody would let me back on the machine. It was with Kim, btw :D
I used to have a very good run with Kim, he is a very strong character :)
since when is Mai a bad character? the most recent Japanese tier listing I saw (from 2004 or so) had her at #3.
I was wondering that myself, i have always thought she was quite good if you know how to use her.
She is 3? Wow. I thought it was like, Jubei, Kim, Andy.
Jubei is not one of my strong characters, the other 2 are indeed, but i havent been able to get back into Jubei like i used to, he and Tung Fu Ru have a couple close in throw type moves that i used to be very quick to pull off, but i seem to have lost the timing for that.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
You can play since day one and not be good. Many people play for ages and lack fundamentals, and view fighting games in the simplistic idea of punishing air actions and doing moves at the proper time. There is a huge broad base of players without poking/footsies also. There are those who don't read opponents based on their patternistic play and just play to the same music constantly.

Anyone who is truly good at fighting games can figure out what a persons weakness is, what they do that's a stupid risk, what they don't do. These people invent a style right on sight that can beat others who don't understand the same principles of spacing, poking, execution, prediction, when to take a risk, when to wait, when to bait, molding a opponent to literally be your mental slave based on their own failures. It is why people win tourneys and the strongest players have this ability and literally program others for failure they don't even realize its happening a lot of the time to, and that is where you get the whining and scrubbery. A lack of knowledge and a bruised intellect and ego.

3rd strike is one of the most beautiful games ever made as far as the design of adaption. To me, it is unmatched.

In FFS I use Terry and get lots of streaks, but my comp doesn't understand what I do, so it doesn't matter. A streak means something when you get it against really strong comp who's put in stupid time. For example, terry has a pressure loop that is really good against people who don't adapt to it quickly. Against someone with a sharp mind, that will work once or twice, then they will either guard it endlessly, or hit you right out of any opening that you make to keep it going. Then I must retire that strategy instantly, and reform my game to be what at its core base is the best thing it can be.

Good opponents are people who will figure you out and get you worked up by beating you down, then it is your gift to learn from these things, and rebuild a stronger game. To me its the same thing as how we adapt to sickness, when you learn certain lessons, they are learned. Anyone can develop this by putting in time and really thinking "how does my opponent view this situation"

For example, I had a 80+ streak against friends in KOF 2002 when I solely played that game, and built my game execution wise. At that time though, nobody I was playing directly was on that same level, since I had exposure with other stronger players in a different environment, so that streak doesn't mean anything really. It is a ego booster sure, but that doesn't dictate how good I am as a player.

The person who's beating you guys is probably doing so because he has adapted to patterns you have that you don't think about as deep as he does, and he's probably using tools to stop your one way directive mindset because he's noticed something. In the end he'll probably remain at that same level until the rest of you step it up and be patient enough to dissect him.

TRUTH.

Gemant

Member,
beat by 100+ with Kim in 2002/2003.

I remember counter of credits : after 99 it return to "00".