MVS Cabinet Power Supply

glittle5

n00b
Hi,

The power supply on my Super Neo 29 MVS candy cab just went dead. When the power is switched on, nothing happens. No flicker on the monitor, no hum from the speakers. If I were to get replacement parts, is this difficult to switch or I am I going to need a professional to do this? Also, does anyone know where I can get these kinds of parts, since the cab is a Japanese cab and uses a slightly different voltage level than american electronics. Any help would be appreciated.

EKW

n00b
Hi,

Try E-Mailing jeffrey at <a href="http://www.Arcade-infinity.com" target="_blank">www.Arcade-infinity.com</a> He sales the Jap. Cab like your talking about, And he can get most parts for Jap. Games. The power supply has a few screws that hold it in, Then just move over all the conectors over to the new one.. It should be Very esay.. If you get the same on... If you cant find a Jap supply.. U will have some mods to do...

Have a nice day,
Erick

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
If it looks like this:
candyPowerSM.jpg

You should be able to use a standard switching power supply. You can get them from Bob Roberts or Happ

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I just got one from happs for my conversion. 4-screws and two connectors. It's about a five minute job, and all the connecters were set up so that you couldn't do them backwards. I'd say you should be able to do it.

EKW

n00b
Hi,

The only thing about The Super Candys Supply is that it has not only power going to it.. But it has the test switch, service switch, degauss switch, and an power switch.. All built in to the power supply, The monitor plugs in to it, And so dose the coin counter, And coin switch. So I will be a Bit of work moving it over to an US supply.. you have to re-wire some of the jamma stuff.. Not hard IF know what you are working with...

Erick

P.S. Briggs - I Will send you some pics of the power supply, Its strange as hell :) As well as some more of the Cab.