Ghost Pilot

Lorfarius

n00b
Just picked up a copy of Ghost Pilot for the AES but I think it has a serious problem with the sound. When I turn it on the Neo Geo logo pops up as it should, plays the little ditty and then the game loads. However it emits a constant series of hard beeps (sounds a bit like one of those old telegraph machines going off) and beneath all this you can just make out some of the game sound/effects etc

Is there anything that can be done?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
have you done the standard cleaning with erasers/ alcohol and qtips?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i don't know how hard it is to get the pcbs out

i don't have aes

but what i do with mvs carts is clean the separate pcbs with soap and water and completely dry them with a hairdryer.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If cleaning isn't the answer then check for broken/corroded traces on the sound ROMs. Beyond that it's probably a bad ROM chip.

RJ

Lorfarius

n00b
If cleaning isn't the answer then check for broken/corroded traces on the sound ROMs. Beyond that it's probably a bad ROM chip.

RJ

How do you actually open the cartridge? I'm probably being incredibly thick but I can't see anywhere it actually unscrews and the label seems to fold right over the top where the joint is.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I was playing my AES today,several games gave me issues..I cleaned the contacts with alcohol and q-tips..
This method Seems to work fine with my AES games but I'd prefer to open them..
looking at the carts today,I wish I could open them but it's not as easy as MVS....
Looks like I might snap something trying to open an AES cart.

MVS games I have to open and clean using other methods then alcolhol-qtip.

AES1.jpg

DIRTY<>CLEAN
WINDJAMMERS006.jpg

I advice you to be real careful since old carts like ghost pilots more fragile tabs than later home carts.