England vs. Croatia - 9/9/09 today

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The game will be showing around 2:00pm East coast time in the US.

This is a big deal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Epic.

Nothing can really correct what happened in 2007, but this was an epic thwomping of a good team. Croatia has been one of the most solid eastern european teams, but they are obviously not at their 2008 form.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Funny that Slavin Bilic talked all that shit, only to get throttled. Not a smart move at all in retrospect. Especially considering England smoked them in Croatia. Capello's a great coach from what I've seen. First he turned around Real Madrid and now England. I don't know much about his tactical style to be honest, but results are results. Seems like a no nonsense type guy who the players like to play for.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Funny that Slavin Bilic talked all that shit, only to get throttled. Not a smart move at all in retrospect. Especially considering England smoked them in Croatia. Capello's a great coach from what I've seen. First he turned around Real Madrid and now England. I don't know much about his tactical style to be honest, but results are results. Seems like a no nonsense type guy who the players like to play for.

i think it makes a big diffrence to players performances when the manager isnt scard to drop big players.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
It was a good result, but we're just not consistent and have tendancy to just daydream and lose the plot.

Every time there is an Interational tournament I promise never to follow England (not that I would follow anyone else).

But every time I find myself getting carried away in World Cup Fever and start behaving like a real idiot - Football makes me even more of a twat.

I'm just calming following from a distance at the moment.

One thing that really gets my goat, is the flipping media and fucking 1966 - I wish we'd never won it then.