SFII Quicken board?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
So I just bought a few boards from a local vending and amusement company, including a Street Fighter II: World Warrior. Upon opening it, I found instructions on installing "Quicken" roms on it, and when I tested it, noticed that they were already installed and making the game reeeeeeally bizarre.

It came with the original ROMs, so I'll put those back on, but has anybody heard of this? I looked on Google and saw some people talking about it or selling it in random forums, but I can't find any solid information on where it came from, what it really does, or how much it's worth. If anybody knows, please fill me in!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its just a romhack really , not worth anything more or less than the original like that.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I remember those kits there was also Black Belt Edition (actually a pretty playable and fair hack with bendy fireballs), Red Wave and Alpha Edition (which was fabbo fun, 2 x sine wave based fireballs and moves in the air, no charge time on moves but kinda behaved more as a shootem up especially if u played as Guile :) hehe) always wanted to get hold of one of those... never heard of Quiken tho!

Very odd - what sort of things did it do to the game?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I remember those kits there was also Black Belt Edition (actually a pretty playable and fair hack with bendy fireballs), Red Wave and Alpha Edition (which was fabbo fun, 2 x sine wave based fireballs and moves in the air, no charge time on moves but kinda behaved more as a shootem up especially if u played as Guile :) hehe) always wanted to get hold of one of those... never heard of Quiken tho!

Very odd - what sort of things did it do to the game?

I haven't spent too much time with it, but things like Ken's Hadouken slopes up or down randomly (as does Guile's Sonic Boom), and is performable but invisible in the air. Dhalsim moves incredibly fast back and forth. Weird stuff that I'd expect from bad game genie codes or something.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
hehe odd :) the ones i mentioned were pretty solid (and silly)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've played the Quicken hack before, it's about the same as any SF2 romhack really.