Patch for KOF XII up for PS3!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
http://kotaku.com/5349870/the-king-of-fighters-xii-patched-up-for-ps3

A patch, a patch, The King of Fighters XII has gotten a new online patch for the PS3 version.

The patch fixes in-game issues such as buggy character combos and optimizes online matches. This update fundamentally changes the way game data is processed and synchronized during online matches, placing greater importance on the game's response time and allowing for much smoother play," states SNK Playmore.

"It also prevents the player from experiencing slowdown during an online match when connections are less than optimal."

Other issues that are rectified include the in-game antenna icon displayed during online battles and chat capability restrictions.

An update for the Xbox 360 version will be available "very soon".

Good to hear, but still sad that it wasn't dealt with before the release.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
You mean the "So KOFXII is delayed?" thread, of which no one's bothered to update the subject?

jman619

Crazed MVS Addict
If one player don't have the patch. It says unable to join or some weird error message. I think the patch helped the red bars. Use to it was straight blown lag. Now I get lag spikes. Although the yellow bars seem worse. Maybe it is just the people I play. They could have done better with the patch,but at least it seems better than it was.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Still laggy.

wtf?

That pee smell must be the potential once again running down SNK-P's leg.

So frustrating.

If this turns out to be a sustained problem, there's always the next patch!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is 2009. Capcom figured it out. They let us play SFIV virtually lag free as long as we have a good connection.

On the same connection, KOFXII feels like I'm playing SF Third Strike on the OG XBOX circa 2003 on a shitty DSL line.

Wish I could get my money back.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
This is 2009. Capcom figured it out. They let us play SFIV virtually lag free as long as we have a good connection.

On the same connection, KOFXII feels like I'm playing SF Third Strike on the OG XBOX circa 2003 on a shitty DSL line.

I've long been championing Capcom's wonderful netcode for SF IV and SSF2THDR.

How fucking embarrassing. This once proud company has again come up short and accrues yet another black mark. I'd say 'SNK-P better fix KOF XII' but that beaten drum is already overly worn.

Better find some friends you can play with locally, get some good controllers and get ready to kick that 2 player vs mode old school, because that's the only way you're going to get any value out of this game at all. The 1P mode is crap and the online mode is apparently going to tread down the same sewagy highway.

Capcom must be laughing their asses off at how easy SNK-P is making it for them.

Before long, I expect somebody from Capcom to show up at SNK-P's office and say 'Look, just sell us everything before these IPs are completely devalued. A lot of us grew up playing these great games and you guys are fucking killing them. Here's a couple million dollars. Now go make whatever dating sims and mobile apps you want to make, but stop shaming Terry, Ryo, Kyo and the rest of the guys and gals who deserve a much better spot in the hearts of gamers than they currently occupy.'

Shit, at this point I'm almost hoping for such blasphemy.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier

How fucking embarrassing. This once proud company has again come up short and accrues yet another black mark. I'd say 'SNK-P better fix KOF XII' but that beaten drum is already overly worn.

Better find some friends you can play with locally, get some good controllers and get ready to kick that 2 player vs mode old school, because that's the only way you're going to get any value out of this game at all. The 1P mode is crap and the online mode is apparently going to tread down the same sewagy highway.

Capcom must be laughing their asses off at how easy SNK-P is making it for them.

Before long, I expect somebody from Capcom to show up at SNK-P's office and say 'Look, just sell us everything before these IPs are completely devalued. A lot of us grew up playing these great games and you guys are fucking killing them. Here's a couple million dollars. Now go make whatever dating sims and mobile apps you want to make, but stop shaming Terry, Ryo, Kyo and the rest of the guys and gals who deserve a much better spot in the hearts of gamers than they currently occupy.'

:spock:

Who the fuck were you playing against? All of my non-red matches were perfectly fine.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

don't say that man.
you'll be labeled a whiner by the other guys senselessly defending the game.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
don't say that man.
you'll be labeled a whiner by the other guys senselessly defending the game.

lollers

Like I said before, barring some red bar matches my online experience post patch has been fantastic. SNKP fixed the game.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
it is a good game.
but it's not as good as some of these guys who are championing
the game say it is though.
besides.
any game that brings billkwando out of hiding must be good.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I cannot believe how f'd up this patch is, there is so much fucking input delay now, you might as well quit completely. You gotta literally do shit only on read ahead of schedule, its virtual chess basically.. The game was better before I think. I did the dmz shit and all, this shit is ridiculous.

If you can't anti air on reaction, forget it. The lag just isn't as choppy, but instead of showing how the game SHOULD lag, you get horrid input delay to hide it. I can't deal with putting all this blind faith forward anymore. I'm sorry, but capcoms shit runs smooth enough for jab detection, this shit is still a war to rush down with zero guard intelligence cause of that shitty ass delay, fuck this, this is a lost cause.

Wes is gonna shit his pants when he tries this patch after it hits xbl.

I can't even convey in words how frustrating this actually is, you'll literally get mowed down by garbage you can see, but do nothing about, and in term you'll play like shit to because its so frustrating. This game is a live experience only, forget online. I have also not fought a single blue connection, these are yellow connections, and they were shit.

Hit confirming is like a lost art here.

This game has become a huge cock tease for me, because its the first KOF in ages I actually cared to learn. Now its like theres nothing that can come from it, online is useless for me, my friends play SF and don't give a damn about SNK and think its a stupid company. God, there is no word for how annoying this whole process has been.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I cannot believe how f'd up this patch is, there is so much fucking input delay now, you might as well quit completely. You gotta literally do shit only on read ahead of schedule, its virtual chess basically.. The game was better before I think. I did the dmz shit and all, this shit is ridiculous.

If you can't anti air on reaction, forget it. The lag just isn't as choppy, but instead of showing how the game SHOULD lag, you get horrid input delay to hide it. I can't deal with putting all this blind faith forward anymore. I'm sorry, but capcoms shit runs smooth enough for jab detection, this shit is still a war to rush down with zero guard intelligence cause of that shitty ass delay, fuck this, this is a lost cause.

Wes is gonna shit his pants when he tries this patch after it hits xbl.

I can't even convey in words how frustrating this actually is, you'll literally get mowed down by garbage you can see, but do nothing about, and in term you'll play like shit to because its so frustrating. This game is a live experience only, forget online. I have also not fought a single blue connection, these are yellow connections, and they were shit.

Hit confirming is like a lost art here.

This game has become a huge cock tease for me, because its the first KOF in ages I actually cared to learn. Now its like theres nothing that can come from it, online is useless for me, my friends play SF and don't give a damn about SNK and think its a stupid company. God, there is no word for how annoying this whole process has been.

Just got done playing a whole new bunch of matches.

LWK is 100% correct. Everything he is saying is gospel truth.

Game is now virtually unplayable online.

Well, time to get a bunch of my friends over, try to explain to them that this game is good and force them to learn how to play it. Most of my old SNK cronies have moved on from this corner of the world so it's hard to get that crew together.

Anybody in the Chicagoland area ever wanna hook up for some KOF or other gaming goodness, I'm down.

But until the NEXT patch comes (lolling), the online play sucks a big fat one.

I'd say 'nice try, SNK-P.' Only...it wasn't.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You know, i'm a real dick of a person when it comes to bs like this, and for one time I decided to have some faith. I waited a whole month for this damn patch, thats all time I should originally have been having games that were at least moderately playable.

This whole release would have been saved by online, because there sure as shit isn't any in game content, or anything to earn. I would have settled for earning like at least a new color for beating it with each character. The AI sits in the corner masturbating normals out like its fighting a schizophrenic vision, its bad enough looking at this junk.

Now we got a online mode that now HIDES visible lag and exchanges it with delay, where all you do is jump in and do a combo by mashing a button 4 times in succession.

Screw it man, this shit is not cool, we paid 60$ for this shit.

BTW, Taiso, that MMO KOF shit made me vomit to, I know on some level that must have pissed you off to even see that's being made.

SNKP really has some people MAD now. I'm not even talking about myself, theres bitching all over earth regarding this release.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

That's unfair. I've played tons of lagless games on OG Xbox's Third Strike back in 2004.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I'm still :spock:ing over this.

I experienced input delay too, but only against opponents with a shitty connection that would lag anyway. On a solid yellow connection it was fine.

I could never pull shit off with Goro before because of the timing but now he's a main member of my team. I'm finally able to time his command throws etc which I could only do local before.

Maybe tonight will turn out differently but last night was aces in online play.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster

Couldn't 'a said it better myself.