Light gun JAMMA games

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
If I was to buy a Jamma cabinet say the game, Police Trainer, would I then be able to swap other light gun Jamma boards in the cab and would they work? (Area 51 site4)

Or, are light guns handeled differently in these machines?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Depends on the manufacturer. Most are same but some use a different gun IO board for light guns. But they all work the same pretty much so you might just have to build adapters for fast swapping.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If I was to buy a Jamma cabinet say the game, Police Trainer, would I then be able to swap other light gun Jamma boards in the cab and would they work? (Area 51 site4)

Or, are light guns handeled differently in these machines?

The adapters are cheap at least. Site 4 and Police Trainer are some of the better shooting games- that's for sure :D Tracking beats this wii crap any day of the week :P

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Police Trainer, Area 51 and similar JAMMA based gun games all can run off the HAPP Controls light guns. Some like Site 4 need a pin adaptor (some use 4 wires, some use 6) but they're cheap. Time Crisis and similar Namco gun games can be converted to HAPP guns with a built-in solenoid for kickback effect (HAPP sells the retrofit cable, then parts for guns are the same as the other HAPP guns...cheap). Carnevil can also be retrofited to a HAPP gun however you lose the gun-pump effect you have with the shotguns (you have to shoot away from the screen to reload instead). Not sure of the AtomisWave guns but I believe HAPP also makes a retrofit for them as well as the Sega guns games.