Yet Another, Metal Slug 3 boot?

Artemio

NEST Puppet
I just got this one for a friend, and it strikes me as odd that the pcb reads 1994 but all chips read 256. When I opened it and read 1994 and saw the SNK logo my first though was of a conversion, but it looks ok from teh back side and as you can see the bottom pcb reads 1999. Hence I am not sure what to make of it.

Artemio

NEST Puppet
Yes very dirty.. I am in the process of cleaning this and other carts I got today.

In the screw hole it had the serial number and some glue. I assume it was intended as an anti-tampering measure.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
What's with the cart case (in that screw hole)?

I've seen that before. Looks like some operators put a serial label/seal over the screw holes on carts to show evidence of tampering.

I had that on one or two carts but its been years now and I don't recall where I got them. Pretty sure they were JP carts though.

- TGM

Update: Artemio FTW! :)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's legit. The PCB dates are just when the boards were manufactured. MS3 wasn't a playmore title so the new encryption wasn't programmed which uses different boards or whatever they say.

Also ack's site is a good resource for MVS board scans.

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Metal_Slug_3

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I've seen that before. Looks like some operators put a serial label/seal over the screw holes on carts to show evidence of tampering.

I had that on one or two carts but its been years now and I don't recall where I got them. Pretty sure they were JP carts though.

- TGM

Update: Artemio FTW! :)

Ah. Just looked like some model -something or other- coming out and was curious what it was....
Guess my eyes are going.