Control Panel Overlay-Printing and installing

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well I need a control panel overlay for my MVS-U4/29 candy cab, I found one that Electricgrave makes here: http://www.neogeomvs.com/

My question is, has anyone printed these out themselves, or have you gone through a company? If so, what company? Also, did they cut out the holes for you, or did you have to do it yourself? I don't trust my hand cutting out holes, so I am looking for a company that will cut out the holes for me.

Any and all help appreciated.

Also looking for a memory card/headphone decal for the same candy cab, anyone know where I can get one? Thanks!

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Usually when I put on a new control panel overlay, I make sure the old one is clear and clean with the holes already in the old panel, then I put the new overlay on. Once that's done, I take an X-acto knife and carefully cut around the holes from the undersize. Any slight imperfections are covered by the button edges.

I'm sure the Neo experts can give you more details on the CP overlay and how they go about installing it.

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Usually when I put on a new control panel overlay, I make sure the old one is clear and clean with the holes already in the old panel, then I put the new overlay on. Once that's done, I take an X-acto knife and carefully cut around the holes from the undersize. Any slight imperfections are covered by the button edges.

I'm sure the Neo experts can give you more details on the CP overlay and how they go about installing it.

thank you this does help. my girlfriend is good with this kind of stuff, maybe I can have her do it. how did you print it out? or did someone print it out for you?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I haven't done a Neo CP however it's usually best to get them already made if you want it to look professional.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I want to get something similar to this. However I have my own dimensions and a slightly different layout (look at my profile for pics of that layout) . Wondering where to custom order something like that?

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
http://www.mamemarquees.com/

You can upload a file and have them print it on their high quaity adhesive laminate. Then you just apply that big sticker to your control pannel. Probably have to cut your own holes.

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
still looking, any other suggestions! unfortunately the mame marquees place hasn't gotten back to me. anyone have any other companies?

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am going to try printing out an overlay at kinkos tomorrow, I will post how it comes out, if they are able to do it.

While I am asking, how do I get off the old overlay? It's a metal CP so would I just sand it, or use alcohol, or...? Also, how do I get off old decals?

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Kinko's can only do it one size, and it is considerably smaller than what I need. Problem is with a custom decal shop, it costs about 40-50 bucks just for one piece, or is that what I am looking to pay?

I am going to try printing out an overlay at kinkos tomorrow, I will post how it comes out, if they are able to do it.

While I am asking, how do I get off the old overlay? It's a metal CP so would I just sand it, or use alcohol, or...? Also, how do I get off old decals?