Possible KOF XIII Sprites (New Standing Poses and New Chars)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
2qcme4o.jpg

1ieh78.jpg

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I've seen this posted around a couple places, but others are saying it's original concept work for XII. Obviously with some revisions and characters not included.

So which is it?

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
These are sprites they didn't use from very early in the game. That page is from The King of Fighters XII Japanese Mook by Hobby Japan.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Athena is the only character that doesn't fit the rest of the roster as far as appearance goes in the actual game. She looks too much like a cartoon. She fits in with the rest way better in the pic above. They should have left her like that.

Fett

Camel Slug
I suspect there will be more characters via DLC long before 13. Think about it, they can get 3-5 bucks a pop, then just tweak and reuse the sprites for later games.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I like what they did with Athena.

But Ryo would have looked so much cooler with that stance and those gloves.

Either way, I really can't complain as the sprites in this game are incredible. I can't believe people are bitching about them.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I like what they did with Athena.

But Ryo would have looked so much cooler with that stance and those gloves.

Either way, I really can't complain as the sprites in this game are incredible. I can't believe people are bitching about them.
Really? I thought everyone was too busy bitching about Ash being in the game, but Mai isn't.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Elizabeth was one of the first planned characters to be in the game, yet she didn't make it untill the home version came out.

...Or they purposely left her out of the arcade version because she's a home version "exclusive."

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
...Or they purposely left her out of the arcade version because she's a home version "exclusive."

which is just plain stupid.

They brought her in XI and she was hardly half a character, then to take her out again? why?

It could have been worse...we could have had hinako

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The one thing I wish they would fix is the character's handedness. Some might think it's dumb but I prefer it to stay correct throughout the fight.

Azuos

n00b
I thinks it's like those Unused Arts in Playstation's KOF'99. There's some cool orange versions of Kyo and some bad-ass Jhun.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I thinks it's like those Unused Arts in Playstation's KOF'99. There's some cool orange versions of Kyo and some bad-ass Jhun.

I searched for those online but did not find. :(