Ibra to Barca, Eto'o to Inter

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Following the tradition of any Liga winning team that breaks up the family, I'll chalk up Barca to end up 2nd in La Liga this upcoming season and not win the CL.

It's not because Madrid are so good, but because when you have a winning formula, you don't rearrange it and get rid of your leading scorer.

The idea behind trading Eto'o was that he had only a year left on his contract and they wanted to get something out of him before he left on a free transfer. Fair enough. But Eto'o has show to be extremely valuable to the team.

Real Madrid tried to rearrange things after winning the Liga in 2008. They ended up doing poorly last season (2nd). Raul specifically asked Calderon not to change things. Management did not listen.

So I predict history shall repeat.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
spot on post mate
Getting rid of Eto is insanity. I thought so last year too when so much talk in europe was that Eto was free to go, but that no club would take him. He ended up staying and scoring 40 goals in a treble season!

Ibrahimovic's stats look good in regards to his time in Holland and Italy and his decent international record. But in England he isnt rated that highly and thats because he hasnt done too well in international tournaments. he was supposed to be a big thing in world cup 2002. Plus he has done well in Italy where the defences are good but cmon in this time period Spain and England have overtaken serie a

Its reported Eto plus 40 million euros went on Ibrahimovic.
Eto recently turned 28 and ibrahimovic is only 6 months younger and will be 28 in October.

It just doesnt add up for me. Henry/Eto and Messi are a great triple threat.
Its taking a risk despite what Guardiola says about zlaton being just what they need.

As for Eto i think he will do great in Italy. He has had a great career. I cant beleive he was at the 98 world cup.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
In addition I think guardiola is overrated as a manager. Yeah they won the triple but cmon last year was one of the weakest Real Madrid teams in living memory (not neccesarily weak because of personnel but lack of organisation , harmony in the squad and weakness in defence and midfield and attack once u took out key players like casillas, Ramos, Robben,Raul and Van Nistelrooy)

Still they should have done a lot more than be crushed by liverpool in the champions league and beaten at a cantor by barca at home.

The 2006 champions league winning team at Barcalona was arguably stronger than last years team as they had Ronaldinho and Deco and Henrik Larrson as well as Eto, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc. But i can understand why deco and ronaldinho were sold after the poor 2007 season where motivation and discipline was lacking. But selling Eto this year is a mistake.

fireplayer

n00b
I really can't stand Barca - yet, I think Guardiola is the perfect coach - as he cares for the team as his own - I mean cmon he practically spent more time in Barca than w his Mom and Dad...

Also Zlatan has proved to be a great deal for Barca - scoring what - 12 ( ? ) goals already...? Not that Eto'o is failing Inter - I think they did a good trade for both sides...

My heart wishes for Real to somehow beat Barca this year, but my head veeeery much doubts it'll happen. Raul, and a portuguese boy named Cristiano Ronaldo don't quite cut it - plus w injuries to Kaka, and occasionally Ronaldo - the troup is too weak...

*hrm no swedish flag in the icons*

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really can't stand Barca - yet, I think Guardiola is the perfect coach - as he cares for the team as his own - I mean cmon he practically spent more time in Barca than w his Mom and Dad...

Also Zlatan has proved to be a great deal for Barca - scoring what - 12 ( ? ) goals already...? Not that Eto'o is failing Inter - I think they did a good trade for both sides...

My heart wishes for Real to somehow beat Barca this year, but my head veeeery much doubts it'll happen. Raul, and a portuguese boy named Cristiano Ronaldo don't quite cut it - plus w injuries to Kaka, and occasionally Ronaldo - the troup is too weak...

*hrm no swedish flag in the icons*

Madrid will only win their league when they decide to play real football. This only seems to happen when Higuain is playing, and their creative players are all injured. They can play sexy football and lose or play real football with Higuain and win. If they had Ronaldo and Kaka, Valencia would have probably beaten them last week.

Ibra has been good for Barca, but in the same way Eto'o was: scoring at Camp Nou. Messi is still the MVP of the team, with his away scoring ability. I'm sure no one will disagree with that, but I'm just calling it as it is.

fireplayer

n00b
I have to say I agree on the Real part of your comment, with the addition, that there's actually one star who plays football... Raul...

And Zlatan scored the first 4 games for Barca - he tends to score away as well...But I fear Messi won't bear w Zlatan for long. One of them are bound to leave Barca...soon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have to say I agree on the Real part of your comment, with the addition, that there's actually one star who plays football... Raul...

And Zlatan scored the first 4 games for Barca - he tends to score away as well...But I fear Messi won't bear w Zlatan for long. One of them are bound to leave Barca...soon.

I don't know if Barca will get rid of Ibra. He's white.

fireplayer

n00b
I'm more thinking they'd get rid of Messi...he could use a new challenge lol...

maybe Juventus..?

thatd make me one happy camper...

But what do you mean - is Barca all white atm?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm more thinking they'd get rid of Messi...he could use a new challenge lol...

maybe Juventus..?

thatd make me one happy camper...

But what do you mean - is Barca all white atm?

Barca is is definitely not all white, but racism still exists.

The idea of Messi leaving would be impossible. Think about his contract buyout. Impossible. He's basically signed himself into the stupidest contract of all time, showing how stereotypically stupid great athletes can be.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Barca is is definitely not all white, but racism still exists.

The idea of Messi leaving would be impossible. Think about his contract buyout. Impossible. He's basically signed himself into the stupidest contract of all time, showing how stereotypically stupid great athletes can be.

I just don't see how being black or white has anything to do with Barcelona players. Guardiola had his own footballistic reasons to prefer Eto'o out and Ibra in.
There's plenty of black players in Barcelona with an important role: Abidal, Keita, Touré Yayá...

About Messi, both the player and the club want him to stay for a loooong time, including paying him a gazillion. At least, so far he has a humble life, without the stupidities of other football stars.

There's a love relationship between barça and messi: barça didn't buy him for 96M€ when he already was one of the best, they found his talent when he was a child in Argentina and his club and his family didn't have enough money to pay for a medical treatment he needed to be a professional football player. Barça paid for it and educated him, in exchange for his contract as they had faith in him. If Barça hadn't found him most likely he would have never been a pro.

And Merry Christmas :vik:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I see about Messi. Often I refuse to be backwards looking in decision making. But I guess for Messi it would be a huge betrayal. This kind of reminds me the story of why Ronaldinho went to Barca instead of Real Madrid.

I just don't see how being black or white has anything to do with Barcelona players. Guardiola had his own footballistic reasons to prefer Eto'o out and Ibra in.
There's plenty of black players in Barcelona with an important role: Abidal, Keita, Touré Yayá...

About Messi, both the player and the club want him to stay for a loooong time, including paying him a gazillion. At least, so far he has a humble life, without the stupidities of other football stars.

There's a love relationship between barça and messi: barça didn't buy him for 96M€ when he already was one of the best, they found his talent when he was a child in Argentina and his club and his family didn't have enough money to pay for a medical treatment he needed to be a professional football player. Barça paid for it and educated him, in exchange for his contract as they had faith in him. If Barça hadn't found him most likely he would have never been a pro.

And Merry Christmas :vik: