Strikers 1945 with white case

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
My Strikers cart it white instead of the Blue I am used to seeing.

The chip sets look legit except for 2 windowed roms. There was a sticker on the side of the cart that indicated that the repair was compleated confirmed functional.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/MNguy26/July 2009 MVS some AES/boards008.jpg

Like I said solid white case also not hologram on the lable.

Did not post a pick of other board because it looks fine all Toshiba and clean.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
case doesn't matter, pics do :) if it has a repair sticker, it's likely just a repair assuming the chips look legit [like you said].

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
That board is definitely legit, funny that the NGH# is Blazing Star. Are you sure this thread title shouldn't be "Blazing Star with white case" ?

If it is indeed Strikers, I assume SNK just recycled chips. It's no boot, that's for sure.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
It's 1945 all right

Thanks for the reasurance.

My aheart always skips a beat when I but an expensive game and open it to see windows:)

Have you tested it?

No way that cart is a strikers, it´s a blazing star cart.

blazing star NGH=239, and thats not a misprint since the manufacturing date is 9801 - 1st week of 1998, strikers was only released in 1999.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Yep its strikers

A fun overhead shooter.

Not the side scrolling shooter that Blazing star is.

I think the 2nd board pic is in my photo bucket as well.

What do you make of the Blazing star #.

Nobody would use that as a sac cart.

http://s406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/MNguy26/

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's weird. So it has legit chips but were reflashed with Strikers? That makes no sense. Can we see the solder joints? If it is factory soldered then that would be even weirder.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
i'm just an AES guy but based on what I've seen in the past:

strikers has 64MB worth of C roms and it was encrypted. there aren't enough chips to make up 64MB and there's no encryption chip on your board either. the largest C roms were 8MB I am fairly sure so it's not adding up at all. if they somehow messed up and put out mask roms with striker's data instead the thing shouldn't even play properly, and that's a pretty big if anyway.

That's weird. So it has legit chips but were reflashed with Strikers?

can't do that, they're mask roms. if they fuck up the production of them the first time, they're worthless.

did you really test the right game OP?

Last edited:
you are correct no way a 681 meg cart would have a 4 C rom setup like that.

I think the guy has no way to play the game but won´t admit it.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
No i have an AES rig with a converter

I think the guy has no way to play the game but won´t admit it.

more1945009.jpg

game plays fine

I am playing on an AES system with a converter . I did not see a year at the title screen.

I think it is copyrighted in 1945.

j/k :)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thats funky B, I didn't even notice this was your thread since you changed your avatar.

But that is by far the weirdest MVS ever made. I want to know the complete story on it if you figure this out.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
The top board is identical to Blazing Stars

http://www.boredstu.com/neogeo/games/blazingstar/blazingstarpcb2large.jpg

Second pic same setup, different chips

http://www.boredstu.com/neogeo/games/blazingstar/blazingstarpcb1large.jpg

Weird one for sure, i've opened up a LOT of MVS carts (all the ones scanned on my site) and to date the only game i've come across where the NGH numbers are out of whack are the Puzzle Bobble carts.....weird one for sure.

Heres a legit Strikers

http://www.boredstu.com/neogeo/games/strikers1945/s1945ppcb1large.jpg

???

Take a look at C5 C6 C7 C8 on the bottom board....enlarge the pic and you can tell the chips have been unsoldered. You can see it through the holes. Other than that, what slugger_dan said......

Last edited:

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Somthing is fishy

there are some Intell chips on the backside of the boards. I will get pics up tonight.

I think I got a piece o' booty in the house:(

Bought it off a guy in a package deal. i dont think he knew,.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
there are some Intell chips on the backside of the boards. I will get pics up tonight.

I think I got a piece o' booty in the house:(

You should have brought up these intel chips before.

But there are boards with shared NGH numbers. Puzzle Bobble with Power Spikes 2, Kizuna with savage reign, etc.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member

I didnt take the 2nd baord out of the case so I didnt notice them untill yesterday. I just took pics of the top part that I usually see in the boot or no boot threads. . I didn take it out all the way until Xain XI asked about the soldering. Thats when I pulled it out all the way and noticed the small intell ships. They look nothing like the roms we normally see. Very compact. My heart sank when I saw it.

:(

Interesting boot to say the least.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

I didnt take the 2nd baord out of the case so I didnt notice them untill yesterday. I just took pics of the top part that I usually see in the boot or no boot threads. . I didn take it out all the way until Xain XI asked about the soldering. Thats when I pulled it out all the way and noticed the small intell ships. They look nothing like the roms we normally see. Very compact. My heart sank when I saw it.

:(

Interesting boot to say the least.

I wonder if you can remove the intel chips and restore it back to it's authentic Blazing Star state.