Writers wanted

strider

duck duck goose
I'm planning an article on the Neo Geo AES, and while I have someone in mind, I was wondering if there's anybody here who dabbles in writing and would like a chance to cover the machine. You would or course get paid ;)

If you are interested please pm with details of past work or contact me directly at retrogamer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm planning an article on the Neo Geo AES, and while I have someone in mind, I was wondering if there's anybody here who dabbles in writing and would like a chance to cover the machine. You would or course get paid ;)

If you are interested please pm with details of past work or contact me directly at retrogamer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

I'd vote kernow.... he's exacting....

I would do it... but... I know fook all and would only like to do it if I could post nekkid pics...

xROTx

strider

duck duck goose
I'd vote kernow.... he's exacting....

I would do it... but... I know fook all and would only like to do it if I could post nekkid pics...

xROTx
Send me photos of yourself naked with your collection covering your bits and I'll print them in the mag.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
D, I sent you those photos.

Billy Pitt knows more about the Neo than everyone on this site.

Problem is getting him to do the article.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Billy may be a cart short of a six slot, but you can't question his dedication and knowledge of the neo-geo.

I don't doubt his knowledge at all, but I can't help but feel an article by him would have a proto slant.

IF Retrogamer wanted to do a dedicated article on AES/MVS/CD protos then, for sure, he would be the man for the job...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think that Bobak should volunteer since he was so vocal about the Metal Slug rundown.

That and because he is a good writer.

PS: I don't think that I have ever read anything by Billy Pitt that suggests that he'd be capable of writing something that lay collectors would want to read.

aria

Former Moderator

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
lol.
a little hypocritical to come to this community now and ask for favors.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A part of me wonders if this is a setup, except for the fact that the mags reader's could care less about teh drama.

It's a wonderful opportunity for the right person.

strider/retrogamer got slammed for not coming here for the Slug piece and now no one's stepping up:scratch:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Pick me! PM sent. :buttrock:

Oh, and good call for everyone who volunteered Billy.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
....mmhhh....

TTHHHAACCKKEERR!!!!

Can you PLEASE tell me why I just spent 5 mins reading your post to this thread and then.... when I logged in... the post was changed to like 2 sentences...

kthx pal....

xROTx

PS. It was a nice post.... sorta... a bit long winded tho.... the short one is more concise....

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
TTHHHAACCKKEERR!!!!

Can you PLEASE tell me why I just spent 5 mins reading your post to this thread and then.... when I logged in... the post was changed to like 2 sentences...

kthx pal....

xROTx

PS. It was a nice post.... sorta... a bit long winded tho.... the short one is more concise....

Rotttttyyy....!

I was making my pitch, but I thought I was PM'ing strider!
Trust me, you don't want to read about me talking about myself any longer than you have to... but if you REALLY want me to, I'll PM it to you as well!

strider

duck duck goose
Thanks for all the responses so far, it's great to see that certain people here still enjoy the mag and want to contribute in their own way.

After all the animosity from certain members over the Metal Slug article (and I fully appreciate in the eyes of some, I didn't come across as I was hoping) I thought I would go straight to the source and find someone with a knowledge of the machine who also happens to be a competant writer.

It worked brilliantly when we ran an article on the BBC Micro several months back, so it makes perfect sense to try the same thing again. If it builds bridges with the Neo Geo community as well, then great; but ultimately, my main aim here is to create an article that my readers will love and that will also (hopefully) please the hardcore enthusiasts.

It's not going to be in the magazine for a couple of months, so hopefully that will be enough time to put together something really special.

Darran

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Thanks for all the responses so far, it's great to see that certain people here still enjoy the mag and want to contribute in their own way.

After all the animosity from certain members over the Metal Slug article (and I fully appreciate in the eyes of some, I didn't come across as I was hoping) I thought I would go straight to the source and find someone with a knowledge of the machine who also happens to be a competant writer.

It worked brilliantly when we ran an article on the BBC Micro several months back, so it makes perfect sense to try the same thing again. If it builds bridges with the Neo Geo community as well, then great; but ultimately, my main aim here is to create an article that my readers will love and that will also (hopefully) please the hardcore enthusiasts.

It's not going to be in the magazine for a couple of months, so hopefully that will be enough time to put together something really special.

Darran

You get those pics?

strider

duck duck goose
sorry Tonk I did :)

It's oviously 11pm here at the moment, so I'm not working in an official capacity. I'll send you a PM now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak would be an incredible choice.

I mean, just imagine the drama.

and if short of a shitstorm, the melodrama.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Stinky Dinkins were still here, I'd recommend him...

Don't know how factual it would end up, but would make for a good read.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've done some writing for some major sports pubs...perhaps I can help ? Ill toss you an email

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm planning an article on the Neo Geo AES, and while I have someone in mind, I was wondering if there's anybody here who dabbles in writing and would like a chance to cover the machine. You would or course get paid
If u already have someone, u could get somebody on this board to correct any mistakes, or to write part or all of it. I've seen articles and video documentaries that have quite a few mistakes, that could have been easily corrected. You could also cover things like MVS carts, shockboxes, and the converters that run MVS games on an AES, as articles on the Neo often don't really cover these aspects, they just portray the Neo as a system with super expensive AES games (ie. as inaccessible to collectors and gamers).

Last edited: