Ronaldo 9

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol..

seems the brainless Madrid fans can recycle their old fuckign shirts.

Fucking retard team.

No one probably understands how sad it is that Albiol is no longer on a respectable team.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
lol..

seems the brainless Madrid fans can recycle their old fuckign shirts.

Fucking retard team.

No one probably understands how sad it is that Albiol is no longer on a respectable team.

Come on Wasabi

posting like this makes you sound like a devoted Anti-Madrid Barça fanatic guy.

Even the catalans aren't that aggressive :D

Tell just one. Just one single player they hired ( this current season ) that isn't a great player.
Just one!!!

I don't see anything wrong on purchasing shirts every season. Somehow it's a matter of support towards the club you root for.

I'd buy a Benfica shirt every year, but I ain't rich ;)

Spectre

Banned
80 million pounds is ridiculous, even for Ronaldo. I think he's a truely great player, but hes only one man and could be hit by a bus tomorrow...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
80 million pounds is ridiculous, even for Ronaldo. I think he's a truely great player, but hes only one man and could be hit by a bus tomorrow...

Yeah, why spend a million dollars on a Bugatti Veyron too ?

It's just a car and I can crash it tomorrow!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, why spend a million dollars on a Bugatti Veyron too ?

It's just a car and I can crash it tomorrow!!!

Would you spend 80 mil on 80 Veyrons?

No.

The whole Ronaldo saga is becoming a bigger joke than Michael Jackson's death.

What's funny is how through all of this, the players on Madrid who actually gave a cup to Madrid are completely neglected and ignored.

Morientes (who has been long gone) is likely going to Fiorentina.

Bet you that most Madridistas these days have no clue who Morientes is. All they know is Raul, Zidane, Becks, Figo, Ronaldo (fat), Ronaldo (gay), and Kaka.

Only one of those guys is actually Spanish.

Albiol is Spanish. No one cares if he's one of the best young center backs in Spain.

PS: no Barça here. Just a bitter Los Che fan.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I would be very happy to see Madrid's superstars have a big falling out and their season go to crap because of the battle of egos.

If the Madrid tax payers don't mind paying silly prices to make their dream teams so be it. Lets see how they do.

I've never been keen on Ronaldo, he has skills for sure but is one of the most annoying cunts in the game.

It's a shame Rooney was such a pussy and didn't kick his arse in United, also Rooney was a little toady by being the poor man in their set up at United.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, CR can't have the 7 because it is property of Raul, so out of the other numbers 9 is the one that made the most sense, as last season it was Saviola's (who never had a chance to shine) so it is available now. CR9 is born and he can also try to break away from his United past. A side-effect is that some people can use the shirt from the "fat" ronaldo LOL.

If I remember well, Figo also had the 7 in Barça but he had to get 10 when he went to R. Madrid for the same reason.

I always liked Morientes and some years ago it looked like he would go to Barça but it didn't happen. Oh well.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
I really dont put Ronaldo anywhere near a Haji, Platini or even a Dennis Bergkamp as a player

But what he is though, is the total package the best one going in the modern game

He doesnt have the passing of a Scholes or Giggs.
He doesnt have a great shot from outside the penalty box (I dont think 1 of 2good free kicks make him beckham mkII)
His so called stepovers may be super effective on the pitch in that they confuse defenders, but he is tall and lanky and doing them makes him look like Peter crouch all ungainly and awkward on the eye

That said he has the looks the youth, the charisma and arrogance to be the world star he has been the last 5 years, on the pitch he has the greatest will to win Ive seen, tireless stamina and total total self confidence, plus he doesnt get injured easy. He can head the ball well, he is fast and can get all over the pitch tirelessly, his link up play and shit ability have improved massively at old trafford as is seen the last 2 years and all of those things have contributed to why he has been able to score 70 odd goals from ostensibly a right wingers position.

But in terms of pure genius of a pele and maradonna he is still light years away.

It would have been much more interesting if Real had only signed Ronaldo and not the other 3 new galacticos

Than we would have truly seen if Ronaldo had the power and will to impose himself singlehandedly on a B level Real Madrid team , the way a Maradonna did for a very average Argentina team in the 1986 world cup.

As it is he will be part of an ensemble and the opportunity is lost

Still he can aspire to go down in history at the B level of a Zidane or Gullit great great players but not at the A level of a Pele, Hagi and Maradonna.

Last edited:

rugal2000

I would be very happy to see Madrid's superstars have a big falling out and their season go to crap because of the battle of egos.

I cant see it happenening. Ronaldo gets on well with most guys and like Kaka is a christian boy. Kaka's beleifs are important to him.
And Benzema is a young kid just excited by it all.

That said Van Nistelrooy left Man united because of his disagreements with ROnaldo so that may be a reason Real are so desperate to offload cheaply a striker who at age 30 cost them 13 million pounds and who won the golden boot and scored 45 goals in 67 appearences and is seemingly being discarded instead of allowing such a loyal servant the chance to run out the last 12 months of his contract. Van Nistelrooij has been as sure a thing at the highest level for the last 12 years in the european game. prior to his having to have the knee surgery thats kept him out for 10 months he scored 10 goals in 12 games at the start of the 2008/2009 season.
Madrid should keep him on along with Raul they could bring Benzema up a few levels with their guidance.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
But in terms of pure genius of a pele and maradonna he is still light years away.

This leads to the crux of it all. Ronaldo was signed by Man Utd because he single handedly destroyed them while playing for Sporting.

Real Madrid is signing him because he's marketable.

This is like postmodernism - when the artist knows his work is product rather than art. That's what Real Madrid is about. They are the financiers behind the andy warhols of soccer.

And Andy Warhol loved cock. Just like Ronaldo.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
as far as i know, kaka would have been a better investment. C Ronaldo will not bring anything for madrid, sure he may try his best in the game and have a lot of character and built. but, when it comes to play, he's not a very good team player. I dont see him making a lot of assists and likes to keep a lot of things for himself, (total opposite of kaka, henry a couple of years ago, or ronaldinho).

benzema will hopefully give the face, and im sure he won't dissappoint.

but i dont' like this one bit,

i diddn't like when florentino took over last time. Last time they lost their captain (hierro), and Morientes, both really good players for both spain and real, and they went the back door,they shouldn't have done that for all the contribution they made for the club (more than the so called galacticos ever did for madrid). on the other hand i haven't liked the transfered for madrid ever since florentino went for beckham (not even when when calderon was president) i didn't like for them to get robinho, or most of the dutch players (outside van nislteroy). somehow they lost their touch for getting good players (though kaka is a good choice).

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Would you spend 80 mil on 80 Veyrons?

No.

The whole Ronaldo saga is becoming a bigger joke than Michael Jackson's death.

What's funny is how through all of this, the players on Madrid who actually gave a cup to Madrid are completely neglected and ignored.

Morientes (who has been long gone) is likely going to Fiorentina.

Bet you that most Madridistas these days have no clue who Morientes is. All they know is Raul, Zidane, Becks, Figo, Ronaldo (fat), Ronaldo (gay), and Kaka.

Only one of those guys is actually Spanish.

Albiol is Spanish. No one cares if he's one of the best young center backs in Spain.

PS: no Barça here. Just a bitter Los Che fan.

AHAHAHAH

don't take it to the chest, but I certainly cannot take that that seriously coming from a westerner ;)

Of course I know who Morientes is. I was also one of many guys who was shocked when they didn't took him for Euro 2000 national squad.

Also, Madrid "Galacticos" went downhill soon after he left.

And before anyone judges, I'm no Real Madrid fan ( although I like them ). The only team I root for is Sport Lisboa e Benfica and the best team in the world is Barcelona ( Manchester United also ranks 1st, but due to their poor Roma match, I give credit to the catalans more ).

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
He doesnt have a great shot from outside the penalty box (I dont think 1 of 2good free kicks make him beckham mkII)

LOL

Still he can aspire to go down in history at the B level of a Zidane or Gullit great great players but not at the A level of a Pele, Hagi and Maradonna.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You rank Hagi "A Level" and leave Zinedine Zidane B ranked ?
Don't make me laugh at such funny comment.

There is nowadays on the football fields a single player that has the same class, quality or geniality as Zidane had. NO ONE.
No Ronaldo, no Messi, no Iniesta, no one. nadie. nessuno. nada.

Maybe C.Ronaldo and Messi will be able to beat that, but because their are still very young and at that age Zidane wasn't that spotty as Messi and CR are.

but Zidane has won EVERYTHING. Serie A, Liga, Champions League, Euro cup, World cup, best player in the world, etc...

Ranking Hagi above Zidane is not only a joke as well as an insult.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epwfzAKGBoo&feature=related

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You rank Hagi "A Level" and leave Zinedine Zidane B ranked ?
Don't make me laugh at such funny comment.

There isn't nowadays on the football fields a single player that has the same class, quality or geniality as Zidane had. NO ONE.
No Ronaldo, no Messi, no Iniesta, no one. nadie. nessuno. nada.

Maybe C.Ronaldo and Messi will be able to beat that, but because their are still very young and at that age Zidane wasn't that spotty as Messi and CR are.

but Zidane has won EVERYTHING. Serie A, Liga, Champions League, Euro cup, World cup, best player in the world, etc...

Ranking Hagi above Zidane is not only a joke, but an insult as well.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Which Hagi are we talking about? The one that played in Barça during the Cruyff post-DreamTeam disater era? In that classification, he would at most be a C level.

rugal2000

Which Hagi do u know who was great? Gheorge Hagi the romanian of course

And yes he is the one who played in the Cruyyf dream team era although I dont know how you can call this period a disaster as Cruyffs team won the spanish league 4 times and won the european cup winners and also the European cup as well. That team had incredible players I looked up to when a kid like Laudrup, Romario, Stoichkov,Hagi and Koeman.

Apart from playing for Barcelona and Real Madrid Hagi also almost single handedly helped Romania to the quarter finals of 2 world cups and helped Galatasary of Turkey win the European super cup, uefa cup and play incredibley skilled flamboyant football. Early in his career he won another european cup with Steau Bucharest in 1986 and reached a second european cup final with them

That incredible longevity to win a european cup in 1986 and than a UEFA cup and Europe Supercup in 2000 and go out in your career playing the best football of your life u dont see too often.

Till the end his blistering pace, dribbling skills and through passes, and powerful shot never left him

Pele named him in his greatest living footballers list

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
AHAHAHAH

don't take it to the chest, but I certainly cannot take that that seriously coming from a westerner ;)

Of course I know who Morientes is. I was also one of many guys who was shocked when they didn't took him for Euro 2000 national squad.

Also, Madrid "Galacticos" went downhill soon after he left.

And before anyone judges, I'm no Real Madrid fan ( although I like them ). The only team I root for is Sport Lisboa e Benfica and the best team in the world is Barcelona ( Manchester United also ranks 1st, but due to their poor Roma match, I give credit to the catalans more ).

I don't care if my origin conflicts with your ability to take me seriously, but in this debate, we're not really arguing. It's pretty clear we're talking about all kinds of different stuff, and that you were drunk when posting, admittedly, so was I.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I don't care if my origin conflicts with your ability to take me seriously, but in this debate, we're not really arguing. It's pretty clear we're talking about all kinds of different stuff, and that you were drunk when posting, admittedly, so was I.

Nah, it's just that up there most of your nation are mostly devoted to hockey, football, basket and baseball.

It's obvious that by that nature, you cannot "feel" the sport as we do, as we can live it LIVE.
I can watch cable TV matches of the biggest leagues almost every day and I follow most of them.
It's pretty strange for me to read your "team" is Valencia, since you're not spaniard nor living there.

I love watching foreign teams matches, but I don't root for any team other than mine. I just like to enjoy good matches between good teams.

I'm not biased ;)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
atro won´t admit it here, but he´s a crazy cristiano ronaldo fan.

:mr_t:

I wish I would...

He's from Sporting Club Portugal, an eternal rival of Benfica, and we don't like them as AC Milan don't like Internazionale.

Ronaldo is top class player, I have to admit that, but I don't like him in the national squad. It just doesn't work. There is no quimistry.

But his skills are undeniable as are Ribéry, Messi, Ibrahimovic, etc..

As I said, I enjoy good football matches regardless of the teams that are playing. I just can't say I am a ABCXYZ supporter, when I have a team I care and root for.

I like Manchester, Inter, Real Madrid yes. Do I care when they lose? NO.
I support Benfica. Do I care when they lose? Hell yeah !

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

Agreed. 80 millions for the crybaby...:oh_no: Madness!

If anything, it's a good example for what is wrong with pro football these days.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
And yes he is the one who played in the Cruyyf dream team era although I dont know how you can call this period a disaster as Cruyffs team won the spanish league 4 times and won the european cup winners and also the European cup as well. That team had incredible players I looked up to when a kid like Laudrup, Romario, Stoichkov,Hagi and Koeman.

I said "post-DreamTeam". Hagi was signed after all that titles were won. After that team lost the Athens Champions League finale in 1994 against AC Milan, it all went downhill. Cruyff thought that all the titles were won thanks to him, and that the particulars players didn't matter, so he let all of them go, and signed new ones, mostly from the Eastern Europe (Hagi, Popescu, Kodro, Prosinecki...). That team didn't do shit and ultimately Cruyff was dismissed for a new era to begin in 96.

Cruyff was in Barça for several years as a coach, and the Dream Team period was only 90-94 when 4 Ligas and 1 Europe Cup (first one in Barça history) were won.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, Cristiano is a very skilled player, that goes without saying. He's quick and imaginative, once he has more international experience he may become a real legend... but someone should tell him that football is a team sport.

rugal2000

I said "post-DreamTeam". Cruyff thought that all the titles were won thanks to him, and that the particulars players didn't matter, so he let all of them go, and signed new ones, mostly from the Eastern Europe (Hagi, Popescu, Kodro, Prosinecki...). That team didn't do shit and ultimately Cruyff was dismissed for a new era to begin in 96.

Still there were a lot of good romanian, bulgarian and croation players around in the 90's. Those 3 teams were very strong back than and now are weak much like most international football in general

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah, it's just that up there most of your nation are mostly devoted to hockey, football, basket and baseball.

It's obvious that by that nature, you cannot "feel" the sport as we do, as we can live it LIVE.
I can watch cable TV matches of the biggest leagues almost every day and I follow most of them.
It's pretty strange for me to read your "team" is Valencia, since you're not spaniard nor living there.

I love watching foreign teams matches, but I don't root for any team other than mine. I just like to enjoy good matches between good teams.

I'm not biased ;)

That's an unusually ignorant comment from you.

There are fans, serious fans, for teams that aren't local in any sport. I spend quite a bit of time at a Liverpool bar, even though I'm here in the states. I don't really care for Liverpool, but there are a lot of fans who do.

If I wanted to, I could watch soccer all day, every day. I have the Fox Soccer Network, Setanta, Gol Tv. Maybe you have more? Who cares. I watch the games that aren't on tv over the internet.

Valencia is just the team I like in Spain. I would have loved to watch them play a match with the team they had last season. But I am not that crazy about them as you might be for Benfica and maybe that has to do with where I live as well. However, I know way more about Valencia than I do about the local soccer team, DC United.