Wat Happens If....Check It Out

Garou

Zero's Secretary
What happens if one of the teeth of the neo-geo aes console gets broken from inside.If I can give u a better visualization,say u get ur cart and push it down hard and accedently break one of the teeth of the neo from inside,wat happends then?Just wondering cause am scared of pushin my neo carts to hard down. shame

Thx

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Garou ]</small>

Zenki

n00b
Well, pop open the slot and look at the connector. If you think about it, it's pretty hard to break the contacts in the slot.

Of course, if you are playing risky and taking a small sharp object to flex the contacts in directions not intended by God, then you deserve what's probably going to happen :)

As for inserting cartridges gently, you should do so not to keep the console in good working condition, but rather to keep your cart's in good condition. If you use excessive force when inserting and removing the cart, the contacts on the cart may eventually wear off.

Shred

Bead Banger
I would have the card edge connector in the Neo replaced. And hope that the amount of force required to break that connector didn't crack the motherboard of your system.