Michael Owen to Man Utd

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The prospect of Owen going to Utd is incredible. Likening him to Solsjaer as a super sub makes perfect sense. This move was more masterful than Real Madrid's super spree of Kaka, RC17 and Benzema.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i agree,

hell probebly come on in the last 20 mins ,with the quality of the other players he hasnt got to do a lot he can concentrate at just being a predator in the box wich hes best at.

plus his wages depends on goals scored and performances made.so concidering man u got him on a free transfer they cant really go wrong.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
plus his wages depends on goals scored and performances made.so concidering man u got him on a free transfer they cant really go wrong.

I didn't realise that - it seems a good deal all round then.

It would be nice to see him do well I suppose.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
The prospect of Owen going to Utd is incredible. Likening him to Solsjaer as a super sub makes perfect sense. This move was more masterful than Real Madrid's super spree of Kaka, RC17 and Benzema.

er I dont know if u have seen him play in the last few years or the 12 games he played at the end of last season??? he was dreadful.

His pace is gone, he doesnt have speed on the turn, and he was never a physical prescence.

Also his personality is very self serving, and his recent interview on skysports was like hearing a low level con man talking about how excited he was to be at Man U.

Owen is damaged goods in England, but sure he is likely to be used as a super sub and with the kind of service and support he will get at Man U, he would be expected to score.

Ferguson picking him up is a panic move because Ronaldo and Tevez have left, and Kaka,Benzema and Ribery all wanted Real MAdrid

So if you think signing Owen with all his off pitch distractions and not unsubstantial wages was "more masterful than signing Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema" than u must be either a) a total idiot when it comes to football or b) in a minority of 1 in the world.

Anyway lets let the next season show us who was right!:smirk:

PS: I think what was even more masterful was Real Madrid selling a past his sell by date Owen for £16 million to Newcastle!

I would expect Owen to score around 11 goals next season that wont be good enough and he will be out