MVS CAB What to look for???

R

room4gello

I am in the market for an MVS cab, what should I be looking for when I go pick it up? What should I be asking the seller before I even see it?? like screen hours? buttons ever replaced? free play set up? ETC.... I don't know much, any help is appreciated , or a link to someone that has answered all this!?!

TANX:help:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure the monitor works, has no burn in, picture is clean with no colors running, picture isn't bouncing when transitioning from dark to bright screens.

Make sure the MVS board is in good shape, no corrosion, check if the battery is leaking. Make sure that the price matches the cab type. If you are paying more than $150 for the cab make sure it's a dedicated Neo cab and not a conversion.

Check for chips in the wood, in the corners, wood rot/swells. If it's a multi-slot cab then make sure the game select works with the marquee panel as it changes from game to game.

Also if you get a look inside at the monitor check for leaks or mysterious burn marks.

Pretty much be anal with it, pretend it's supposed to be a new cab.

wonton2112

Kabuki Klasher
The key! I've gotten a few cabs without keys, and you have to drill the lock out... Better if they have the key for the cabinet. Also find out if they've rigged up the coin slots to work, or if they set them up on a button as some folk do.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I see you're in Cali, so if you're somewhere in SoCal, then be choosey. There is a LOT of stuff always available in that area... a buyers market really. You can get a sweet deal.

Also, go for a 4 slot. I have and love my 2 slot, but having more games in at once so you switch less is nice.