Lets talk Garou: MOTW

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Talk strats and combos. This is coming out on Xbox Live soon and I want to learn more about it.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Kevin and Gato are the easiest to abuse. Both have solid combos that are easy as hell.

For kevin you have to get breaking his :qcf:+K and cancelling his :qcb:+P with :D: After that, it's just abusive. His supers can combo into eachother and out of the break move.

A really simple Kevin combo is jumping :C:, crouching :C:, :qcf::D:, break (:A:+:B:), :qcf::qcf::B:, :qcf::qcf::B:, :qcb::B: (charge for a second). It's just punch, punch, special, super, super, special. It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and it's really easy to do.

Gato's :qcb:+K is amazing. If you're fast enough you can use either :A: or :C: to "cancel" it (not a real cancel, you just won't move off the ground). The :B: attack out of that move can be done twice in a row, then followed up with his K super really easily.

Both Gato and Kevin have really easy combos, and can gain meter extremely fast. By far my favorite characters.

But for some reason, I still thnk B. Jenet is the best in that game. She just has so much going for her.

When you get the timing down, and some practice in.. Try out grant. He has a great game against almost everyone.

Last edited:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
But for some reason, I still thnk B. Jenet is the best in that game. She just has so much going for her.

She's great as a rush down or as a turtle.... Shoe FTW :buttrock:

Once you get her standing :C: to :A:+:C:+:down: feint cancel it's pretty easy to pull off some major damage...

Last night I was working on :qcf::D: (br) :up:,:down:,:D::D::D: to :qcf::qcf::B:/:D:... it's soooooo beastly.

there is a really, really good thread on SRK about MOTW that I can't recommend enough. it's helped me out a ton.

But honestly top to bottom the roster is very solid with Kevin on top... command Grab WFT!!!

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I've played against you DJDelly with my Jenet late last year on 2DF. I think you were using Rock and Marco at the time.

Last edited:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I played as rock (poorly) for years. switched to B about a year ago and haven't really looked back.

Marco is fun, but I have a hell of a time breaking his dp...

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I played as rock (poorly) for years. switched to B about a year ago and haven't really looked back.

Marco is fun, but I have a hell of a time breaking his dp...

LOL! I know what you mean on Marco's dp break. It's funny because that's the only break I can't do stand alone. You should play me some Jenet mirror matches one day. I won't disappoint.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
LOL! I know what you mean on Marco's dp break. It's funny because that's the only break I can't do stand alone. You should play me some Jenet mirror matches one day. I won't disappoint.

from what I remember, his is kinda random for the break? I remember the timing being really off. it's the only one that's just not normal.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
from what I remember, his is kinda random for the break? I remember the timing being really off. it's the only one that's just not normal.

Watching the japanese players break it stand alone twice in a roll is amazing. I only break it off a meaty f+A or sD, dp+C. I guess you could consider his dp break as a just frame.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
isn't the timing different for :B: & :D:, if you hit, and if you miss?

What's you 2df user name kim?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Geddon_jt vs djdelly on GGPO to few matches... :(

Last edited: