New(?) King of Fighters Online trailer w/ gameplay

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
can I be a lvl 60 wizard?

character swaping in real time looks weird.
hopefully they have a full roster of people to choose from.
it was like 6 characters I'd be pretty disapointed.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Am I the only one who thinks that would actually look better WITHOUT the KoF characters? It seems so out of place to me.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm looking forward to this honestly. Though I can say I'm not looking forward 1001 Kyo's, Terry's and Iori's all logged on at once.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
I hate MMOs, the character models are pretty good though.
Wish KOF MIRA had cel shading like that.

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
I... just...don't...get it.....
Even if it's actually fun, it still doesn't make a lick of sense for the KOF universe.

LuckyDay

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Holy hell, it's going to be 10,000 bouncing Mai's running around an MMO

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Super Smash KoF'ers Melee?

Looks good but I'm not a huge fan of games like that.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
If this game was 2d I would Jizz in my pants. 2d Beat Em Ups just don't feel right. Of course if it wasn't 3d then It wouldn't sell.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
A Korean developer tried a KOF Online about five or six years ago. Anyone else remember that?

It got to the Beta stage, but it was all in Korean.

The screenshots I saw kinda kinda kinda looked similar to this trailer. This new trailer is obviously a lot spiffier.

I wonder if it's any of the same programmers.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Nope, Fighting clowns are part of the new KOF saga called the "Carnival Saga". Get used to it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I have to admit, I'd play a KoF MMO no matter how bad it was, even if only for a while. That is, if it comes to consoles. If it's PC only I'm screwed.

Clessy

Banned
Honestly 10 x less disspointed now that I see the direction there going in. I think the KOF players should be npcs however and that you should learn to train under them to require there skill and move sets.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Honestly 10 x less disspointed now that I see the direction there going in. I think the KOF players should be npcs however and that you should learn to train under them to require there skill and move sets.

Agreed...so you could make up your own char too, and as you get the npcs skills you can pick any combination you want! Oh well, the game as it is, I'd Terry the whole thing through XD.

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
so you fight clowns and stuff, eh?

I guess that would be cool if KOF took place in same universe as The Warriors. Honestly, this looks terrible and irrelevent to the franchise.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wow that looks poor.

A Korean developer tried a KOF Online about five or six years ago. Anyone else remember that?

It got to the Beta stage, but it was all in Korean.

The screenshots I saw kinda kinda kinda looked similar to this trailer. This new trailer is obviously a lot spiffier.

I wonder if it's any of the same programmers.

Yeah, when I saw this thread I did think it was that one announced years ago actually. That looked not too different to this either.

n3xt_rekka

Galford's Armourer
Nooo, what is THAT!? cell-shading!?
and also...
scroll fighting!? O.O
But seems pretty funny...

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Is this some kind of joke?! Why on earth would anyone think this looks good? Cell shaded KOF characters in a MMO/Mugen looking brawler. Reminds me of a very low budget Street of Rage.

GAMEFAN

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Is this some kind of joke?! Why on earth would anyone think this looks good? Cell shaded KOF characters in a MMO/Mugen looking brawler. Reminds me of a very low budget Street of Rage.

GAMEFAN

It'd be cool if it were as fun as Streets of Rage, like throwing picking up stuff to throw at them or throwing them to bottomless pits and then hearing them scream seconds after. I dunno, I really had fun with those.

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
That was kind of a fun trailer. Rugal is back! :D

I probably won't play this, but I'm glad it exists.