Manchester Utd accept Real bid for Ronaldo

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's set to be the world record at 94mil euros. Real Madrid is looking to buy the champions league by adding the ballon d'or winners.

What a fucking creative mind that team has.

not.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's set to be the world record at 94mil euros. Real Madrid is looking to buy the champions league by adding the ballon d'or winners.

What a fucking creative mind that team has.

not.

In the end they might grab it.
In 2002 they did it with Figo, Zidane, R.Carlos and all those stellar players.

The problem is that Florentino Perez tends to forget that they need to hire a few decent defenders.

94 "kilos" as the spaniards like to spell seems clearly way out of reach to any other club in the World ( petro dollars like Man. City's doesn't count, only mercenaries want to go to that club ) but in the end, R.Madrid's going to make profit in a short period of time IF none of them gets injured.

Villa is the man. Certainly next season he'll wear white. Real Madrid's white.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
It's a disasterous strategy. You need a team, not 'teh best playerz'.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's a disasterous strategy. You need a team, not 'teh best playerz'.

Manchester and Barcelona had the best teams, and also the best players.

And since I read they want to hire Maicon ( best Right Back in the world IMHO ), they really seem to have learned their lessons and they just don't sign strikers/wingers alone anymore.

Xavi and Iniesta are unfortunately not possible for Real Madrid. But with Kaka, Lass Diara will shine too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

And since I read they want to hire Maicon ( best Right Back in the world IMHO ), they really seem to have learned their lessons and they just don't sign strikers/wingers alone anymore.

Xavi and Iniesta are unfortunately not possible for Real Madrid. But with Kaka, Lass Diara will shine too.

They definitely need a rightback because Neville is old as shit and Wes Brown is not good enough. But then they also need a winger to replace Ronaldo. I would suggest poaching Joaquin from Valencia. I mean, FFS Valencia is selling everything, Manchester would be crazy not to try and buy up Silva, Joaquin and Vicente.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
They definitely need a rightback because Neville is old as shit and Wes Brown is not good enough. But then they also need a winger to replace Ronaldo. I would suggest poaching Joaquin from Valencia. I mean, FFS Valencia is selling everything, Manchester would be crazy not to try and buy up Silva, Joaquin and Vicente.

The Right Back one was directed to Real Madrid's lol!!!

However, Man Utd also need one.
Neville was the shit back in the day, but he's now slow as a pregnant cow.
He should have quit this season, just like Figo did.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member

ManU doesn't have the best players, nor does Barca. They have a couple of great players, and everyone else is clearly a really good footballer. More importantly, they are all part of the team. The whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

I think it's telling that Ronaldo is apparently insisting that his contract guarentees he will be the highest paid player at Real. He won't be missed as much as he could have been at ManU, because it's about Ronaldo first, the team second. Someone like Rooney knows it's team first.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I think it's telling that Ronaldo is apparently insisting that his contract guarentees he will be the highest paid player at Real. He won't be missed as much as he could have been at ManU, because it's about Ronaldo first, the team second. Someone like Rooney knows it's team first.

I think that is impossible.

Raul has a clause that he has to earn 1€ more than the most paid member of the team.
If Ronaldo earns 1 million per month, Raul gets 1 million +1€.

It's a bitchy clause, but Raul will get high prized just by Ronaldo getting transfered to Real Madrid.

I remember when Capello was their coach. He said "a coach can never be respected in the vest room if any player of the team earns just 1 penny more than I do".
That said, he was the highest paid member back then, just like Raul now will ;)

About being missed or not, only time will tell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ManU doesn't have the best players, nor does Barca. They have a couple of great players, and everyone else is clearly a really good footballer. More importantly, they are all part of the team. The whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

This is 100% true and what's funny about it is that the Real Madrid team that won the league 2 years ago was completely the opposite kind of mentality. They were all working as a team and not glory hunting. This new galactico is going to piss off a lot of old school fans.

Including Raul.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
The best thing about Spanish football is that it's like the Empire versus the Rebel Alliance twice a year, every year.

Last year was the Death Star being blown up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The best thing about Spanish football is that it's like the Empire versus the Rebel Alliance twice a year, every year.

It would be nice is Perez could display self control. It would be nice if Abramovich displayed self control.

But these fuckstains just throw money like idiots.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The whole ronaldo thing isn't only about bringing a great player to the team, its about bringing a pretty face thats going to attract bigger crowds and sell more jerseys and tickets. Its all about revenue.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It would be nice is Perez could display self control. It would be nice if Abramovich displayed self control.

But these fuckstains just throw money like idiots.

I have to completely disagree in here Wasabi.

Abrahamovich doesn't invest on a player like Perez do.

Abrahamovic success was basically when Mourinho was there and paid for the players he asked ( and pay attention, Mourinho is smart, he never brought very sounding names, it gave them a lot of trophies while he was there ).

Chelsea's became to fail when Abrahamovich wanted to play his money on the team and see Schevchenko's a lot more in the lineup. Obviously Mourinho doesn't like to be played as a puppet and quit. Result ? Chelsea only got 1 more trophy ( English Cup ) and struggle to find a suitable coach to put them back on the Premiership track.
Revenue ? You haven't seen any of Abrahamovich's transfers to be popular sell outs. Mourinho made a team in there, and most basically, it's still Mourinho's work that is patented on Chelsea's team. THe core was built by him.

In the other hand, Perez is smarter. He actually knows better what he is doing and with one BIG diference. Perez doesn't spend HIS money. He gets bank credits to pay for those players. And if a president can get loans to pay teamplayers as Kaka, Ronaldo and even the possible income of Maicon, it has to be a very smart businessman.

Banks doesn't concede loans right away nowadays due to this current crisis, but yet, Perez can still manage to do in less than a week what Madrid's ex-president couldn't in 2 years...

Moreover, Kaka's and C.Ronaldo's quality as players is undeniable ( even if there are a bunch of haters ) and not only they will bring institutional success as well as a good revenue - wealth is usually the key to be the best, the richer you are, the greatest players you can buy.

As you can see, they are two completely different philosophies.

One just spend out of his pockets millions of dollars like if he is buying toys on a mall shopping.
the other has to pay them back in full, and looks to see the investment duplicate/triplicate in revenue.

People may like it or not, but Madrid's is now back on track, and it's only due to Perez strategy. At least, he shows more competence than anyone else and Barça's president now plays the victim part, getting very nervous for a club that made its best season in history.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I can't say for Kaka, but if Calderon was still president, Ronaldo would still come. Calderon set that deal up last summer and the termination clause would hit Ronaldo hard...

A lesson Calderon learned from Perez actually, over the Figo saga.

And yes, this is totally about selling shirts.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I can't say for Kaka, but if Calderon was still president, Ronaldo would still come. Calderon set that deal up last summer and the termination clause would hit Ronaldo hard...

A lesson Calderon learned from Perez actually, over the Figo saga.

And yes, this is totally about selling shirts.

We should take Calderon's words with a grain of salt.

That man is crook.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
In the other hand, Perez is smarter. He actually knows better what he is doing and with one BIG diference. Perez doesn't spend HIS money. He gets bank credits to pay for those players. And if a president can get loans to pay teamplayers as Kaka, Ronaldo and even the possible income of Maicon, it has to be a very smart businessman.

Banks doesn't concede loans right away nowadays due to this current crisis, but yet, Perez can still manage to do in less than a week what Madrid's ex-president couldn't in 2 years...

People may like it or not, but Madrid's is now back on track, and it's only due to Perez strategy. At least, he shows more competence than anyone else and Barça's president now plays the victim part, getting very nervous for a club that made its best season in history.

Banks will still lend money if the interest rate is right and the assets securing the loan are right. I don't know what Perez has promised the banks, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything from the training grounds up to the Bernabau and every centime of income for the next twenty years is promised over this.

Calderon may well be wise to walk away from that kind of business. It makes Perez famous and popular for a season, but it's going to need paid back some day. He might have promised more than he can pay.

There are also the rumours this is all funded by the Castillian regional government too, don't know anything about that or how likely it is to be true.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley

LOL :D

Ronaldo was a total idiot during and after the Champions League finale, I'm glad he went to Real Madrid, it suits him well. We'll see what happens next year.

Laporta (barça's president) is critizicing a lot all the money spent by Floren, but he also paid big money for a lot of players (like 15 M.€ for Hleb :oh_no:) and is overreaacting. At least more than half of the current team has been formed in Barça since childhood for a few pennies each: Valdes, Piqué (although he went to Manchester), Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets (son of a former barça goalkeeper), Messi... While Madrid only has Raul and Casillas (Ramos was bought from Sevilla for a bunch of millions).

The "españolización" they are talking about shouldn't consist in buying Villa/Silva/etc for 30 M.€ each, but investing in their base teams. But that only gives results after some years, and Floren wants to rush and try to win something now.

Even a lot of Spanish (and specially from Catalonia) politicians are claiming about the waste of money in the current economic crisis and lack of credit.

Meh, who cares.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought Raul was really from Atletico, and only got picked up right before he was old enough to get on the main squad.

The sad thing about Silva and Villa going to a team like Real Madrid is that they will do the opposite of flourish there. They'll sit on the bench next to Saviola, or get shit on by the unrealistic fans like Gago.

Unless you're a former Ballon d'Or winner, there's no reason to move to a team like Real Madrid. Fuck, even guys like Robben are getting shit on by the fans, and he's the most creative player on the team for the past 2 years.

Real Madrid has always had a very good team. The way their management is moving right now is disgusting. They turned a decent human like Robinho into a complete whore who needs a kick in the mouth (his comments at Cannavaro last weekend), they destroyed Saviola's career (which wasn't ever going to be glorious, but they took what little he had), and they sold a lot of shirts. If there's any other reason to hate a team, I probably forgot that Real Madrid already did it.

LOL :D

Ronaldo was a total idiot during and after the Champions League finale, I'm glad he went to Real Madrid, it suits him well. We'll see what happens next year.

Laporta (barça's president) is critizicing a lot all the money spent by Floren, but he also paid big money for a lot of players (like 15 M.€ for Hleb :oh_no:) and is overreaacting. At least more than half of the current team has been formed in Barça since childhood for a few pennies each: Valdes, Piqué (although he went to Manchester), Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets (son of a former barça goalkeeper), Messi... While Madrid only has Raul and Casillas (Ramos was bought from Sevilla for a bunch of millions).

The "españolización" they are talking about shouldn't consist in buying Villa/Silva/etc for 30 M.€ each, but investing in their base teams. But that only gives results after some years, and Floren wants to rush and try to win something now.

Even a lot of Spanish (and specially from Catalonia) politicians are claiming about the waste of money in the current economic crisis and lack of credit.

Meh, who cares.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I thought Raul was really from Atletico, and only got picked up right before he was old enough to get on the main squad.

Well yes, Raul actually started in Atletico de Madrid youth team but moved to Real Madrid very young and it was after that when he exploded (he did so well in the B team that he was moved very early to the A team by coach Valdano). He is very loyal to his team and a symbol, so I count him, even though he isn't in best shape now and has no room in the Spanish National Team.

What I meant is that the R. Madrid "cantera" has been a total disaster for the past years, with very few top players coming from there, and have always relayed on signing foreigners for a lot of money, most of them being a fluke. While Barcelona has got a lot of valid players from there, some of them playing in other teams such as Cesc in Arsenal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well yes, Raul actually started in Atletico de Madrid youth team but moved to Real Madrid very young and it was after that when he exploded (he did so well in the B team that he was moved very early to the A team by coach Valdano). He is very loyal to his team and a symbol, so I count him, even though he isn't in best shape now and has no room in the Spanish National Team.

What I meant is that the R. Madrid "cantera" has been a total disaster for the past years, with very few top players coming from there, and have always relayed on signing foreigners for a lot of money, most of them being a fluke. While Barcelona has got a lot of valid players from there, some of them playing in other teams such as Cesc in Arsenal.

Cesc would sit on the bench at Real Madrid with the 2007, 2008, and of course 2009 squads. I think he's overrated, and not just over his play in Euro 2008, but in the CL. He's like a ghost on the field.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Cesc would sit on the bench at Real Madrid with the 2007, 2008, and of course 2009 squads. I think he's overrated, and not just over his play in Euro 2008, but in the CL. He's like a ghost on the field.

Ghost ?

I think you haven't seen arsenal eliminating AC Milan the year before.
Cesc shined against the italians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kme_BGrm7fw

Mmm...

I opinion that Barcelona has the BEST cantera in the world ( nowadays ) , but Real Madrid one isn't that bad as you paint it.
Sure that only Raul, Guti and Casillas are the only ones in the squad, but players like Granero, Soldado, Negredo and a bunch of few others deserve some credit despite not playing in Madrid.

Their loans confirm that they are very useful to their current teams.

But as I said, Barcelona is imho the best club to throw players to the main team as their football education is by far the best.

Props to Sporting Club de Portugal formation too.
Although they suck ( thank god, I'm a Benfica supporter ) nowadays, they're the only club in the world that launched 2 Ballon d'Or players in less than 10 years ( Figo and C.Ronaldo ) from their youth formations. Not even Ajax did that I believe.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
We can't really speak highly of AC Milan in 2007-2008. Milan were in shambles when they should have been riding high as returning CL champions. This was the same team that failed to hold its place in the CL for the following season. We can blame it on the injuries to Kaka or Rino, or how old Cafu and Serginho were, or how bad Dida became (Brazilians can't handle partying, see Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (Adriano, Robinho too)).

Cesc Fabregas does not impress me. He's a good midfielder, but he's never going to be special, like Pirlo or Xavi or Zidane. He's just a kid playing on a team with broken dreams trying to find something to cheer for as everything goes to shit (Arsenal).

edit: David Silva >>> Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kme_BGrm7fw[/url

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
This was the same team that failed to hold its place in the CL for the following season

One very simple explanation to that : Calciochaos.

By normal standards, Milan is never under the 3rd place.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
One very simple explanation to that : Calciochaos.

By normal standards, Milan is never under the 3rd place.

Calcio chaos whatever. Roma was a damn good team that year (forget 2006-2007) they showed Real Madrid how good they were with style. All teams go through phases and for Roma it was a particularly good year. The only monkeywrench that could have changed things for Roma would have been if Juventus didn't get fucked over by Inter Milan's wrongdoing (when everyone suffers except Inter Milan, you can easily point the finger at Inter Milan as the true source of all Calciopoli).

I'm glad that Juventus could make it to the #2 slot this season. Saddened that Inter is still such a strong team. Whatever.

I do like Italy's youth system a lot. Thing I don't like is how English teams can poach Italian and Spanish youth players while the teams that raise them are powerless to stop them.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Calcio chaos whatever. Roma was a damn good team that year (forget 2006-2007) they showed Real Madrid how good they were with style. All teams go through phases and for Roma it was a particularly good year. The only monkeywrench that could have changed things for Roma would have been if Juventus didn't get fucked over by Inter Milan's wrongdoing (when everyone suffers except Inter Milan, you can easily point the finger at Inter Milan as the true source of all Calciopoli).

I'm glad that Juventus could make it to the #2 slot this season. Saddened that Inter is still such a strong team. Whatever.

I do like Italy's youth system a lot. Thing I don't like is how English teams can poach Italian and Spanish youth players while the teams that raise them are powerless to stop them.

Indeed, it was just a shame they were completely slaughtered at home and away by Manchester United. They didn't deserved that, but every club has a bad night one day or another.