SBO Qualifiers 2009 SFIV (video)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This was a interesting year. I was planning to enter 3S with two friends, but one of them bailed. The roster against us I have some faith we could adapt to, so its really bothering that we couldn't make it out due to this cancellation, plus it'd have been great to be seeded to emphy's team if possible, that guy is one of my favorite players. I added a crucial zoning set up to my Urien game because of the way this guy plays, and he took it from RX most likely.

I am proud of my friend for making it far in this tourney with his dhalsim. I believe he placed top ten, but he wasn't listed in the top ten, because they only listed the top eight..

Another thing to note. Denjin arcade is IMO the best california arcade I've ever stepped foot in.

http://ufragtv.com/recorded/video/20990

The winning team, I'll let you watch, but its a interesting video. There is supposedly a larger version capping the entire earlier events. These people were there from like 10:30 till 2ish! If you check that crowd you can see Ricky Ortiz, Mike watson, arturo sanchez, john choi, just to name a few of the long term players.

I've played combofiend in a 3S tourney a few years ago and hes a really tough opponent, that guy really likes to rush down. The time I played him I was up in air about my main, and I used Alex for my matches, after advancing twice against two other players (using remy and urien, and again I HAD a total lack of experience), he shut me down with his oro, cold. Like he did the cross up set up that can make a non experienced alex a doomed character. I also played Pyrolee's team at another SBO Quals., which consisted of Ken I, Ricky and Pyro, and believe me, that roster requires extensive patience and knowledge of the game to even have a chance, Ken I eliminated our team. At this point I know the makoto match a lot better. =)

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
This was a interesting year. I was planning to enter 3S with two friends, but one of them bailed. The roster against us I have some faith we could adapt to, so its really bothering that we couldn't make it out due to this cancellation, plus it'd have been great to be seeded to emphy's team if possible, that guy is one of my favorite players. I added a crucial zoning set up to my Urien game because of the way this guy plays, and he took it from RX most likely.

I am proud of my friend for making it far in this tourney with his dhalsim. I believe he placed top ten, but he wasn't listed in the top ten, because they only listed the top eight..

Another thing to note. Denjin arcade is IMO the best california arcade I've ever stepped foot in.

http://ufragtv.com/recorded/video/20990

The winning team, I'll let you watch, but its a interesting video. There is supposedly a larger version capping the entire earlier events. These people were there from like 10:30 till 2ish! If you check that crowd you can see Ricky Ortiz, Mike watson, arturo sanchez, john choi, just to name a few of the long term players.

I've played combofiend in a 3S tourney a few years ago and hes a really tough opponent, that guy really likes to rush down. The time I played him I was up in air about my main, and I used Alex for my matches, after advancing twice against two other players (using remy and urien, and again I HAD a total lack of experience), he shut me down with his oro, cold. Like he did the cross up set up that can make a non experienced alex a doomed character. I also played Pyrolee's team at another SBO Quals., which consisted of Ken I, Ricky and Pyro, and believe me, that roster requires extensive patience and knowledge of the game to even have a chance, Ken I eliminated our team. At this point I know the makoto match a lot better. =)

WOW THIS IS NICE!!:multi_co:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Wow, that video stopped in the middle of the second round and then a window popped up and said it wasn't available. Gay. Alex was getting shit-stomped.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I actually stayed up until about 4:45 am central time watching this live. The finals were absolutely amazing. Valle struggled all tournament long against the big guns but was the epitome of clutch in the finals.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Cool video, though the announcers are pretty bad.:D

Sorry you didn't get to make it this year. Maybe next time.