SP-U2 Bios?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK, so I just got this chip today... and I am confused as to what it is. I have a SP-S2 (three actually) on my boards and that is the Euro bios. I have it on my 2 slot and I pulled one from my dead 4 slot. I bought the U2 thinking... U, US... But, now I see that the SP-E2 is the English bios (US)... so... what the hell is this U2 chip? wink

-Nick

xonox

Armored Scrum Object
I've seen an auction for the sp-s2 BIOS on ebay and the seller claims it fixes some bugs, is it true ?

btw that seller is jahgames, anyone dealt with this guy before ? Is he reliable ?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
xonox:
I've seen an auction for the sp-s2 BIOS on ebay and the seller claims it fixes some bugs, is it true ?

btw that seller is jahgames, anyone dealt with this guy before ? Is he reliable ?
SP-S2 is the newer bios revision. It is European, but not magical. It still has Zupapa bugs even though Jah claims they are fixed... However, he is an excellent seller and I completly recommend getting the SP-S2 from him if you want to make a Japanese board English... or if you have an EPROM Bios you want to replace... anyway great seller,

-Nick

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
SPU2 is the US bios.
SPS2: Spanish bios
SPJ2: Japanese bios
dont know the Asian number, though.

never heard of any new ones to fix bugs. Game bugs are more when the programmers dont follow the rules..

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Nightmare Tony:
SPU2 is the US bios.
SPS2: Spanish bios
SPJ2: Japanese bios
dont know the Asian number, though.

never heard of any new ones to fix bugs. Game bugs are more when the programmers dont follow the rules..
Thanks Nightmare Tony! I finally got my US Bios!!! :)

-Nick

xonox

Armored Scrum Object
Great to see you here Tony :)

I think i got an asian mvs. The bios says asia but the games play in english. I'll check my bios rev when i get home after the easter break.