supergun scart

wiseman9986

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
ive decided im going to jhendrixes basic instructions but im not going to build the converter so im just going to wire up a scart connector and buy the converter for like 3 bucks but he doesent give much info on wireing the scart to the harness could someone tell me how or a website that does

doughboy

Lurker.
<a href="http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/electronics/scart.html" target="_blank">http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/electronics/scart.html</a>

I use scart on mine. If you only want video then as far as I recall you only need pins 5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,20,21.

All the ground points can go to any 1 common ground point in your sg.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
But wait a minute...aren't you in the US (you say you need a converter)?? If so, I don't see how a scart connector can be of any use to you...

<small>[ January 26, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: MKL ]</small>

wiseman9986

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
yes i am from IL but if u read the whole thing im to lazy to build the converter thing he said it was esier to wire up a scart and i can buy a converter scart to a/v for like three bucks

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
wiseman9986:
yes i am from IL but if u read the whole thing im to lazy to build the converter thing he said it was esier to wire up a scart and i can buy a converter scart to a/v for like three bucks
If it's the one that I'm thinking then that converter wont work.

A Scart plug can carry Composite, S-Video and RGB signal.
That converter(adapter) is just an 3-RCA adapter(comp+audioLR), it just gets the Composite signal from the Composite/Sync Pin on the Scart to an RCA plug.
But the MVS has RGB signal, so that adapter will do you no good because there will be no Composite signal on the Scart, just RGB.

scote

Scone Enthusiast, ,
Codeman1:
wiseman9986:
If it's the one that I'm thinking then that converter wont work.

A Scart plug can carry Composite, S-Video and RGB signal.
That converter(adapter) is just an 3-RCA adapter(comp+audioLR), it just gets the Composite signal from the Composite/Sync Pin on the Scart to an RCA plug.
But the MVS has RGB signal, so that adapter will do you no good because there will be no Composite signal on the Scart, just RGB.
Thats a good thing to hear, I was begining to think I had spent all of that money on my JROK fornothing :p

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Wiseman, this <a href="http://www.epm.it/images/3893.jpg" target="_blank">thing</a> is not a converter, it's an adapter and does what Codeman says, i.e. nothing to the signal itself (that's why it costs 3 bucks). On the other hand, the info on jhendrix' page is correct as he says that "If you have a European PAL TV, your life is easy, since you can just wire up a SCART connector and have it work with out a converter."
But I guess you don't have a Euro (i.e. Scart-RGB) TV, do you?

<small>[ January 26, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: MKL ]</small>

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
use JRok's converter or build one yourself (good technical skills needed)

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
MKL "If you have a European PAL TV, your life is easy, since you can just wire up a SCART connector and have it work with out a converter."[/QB]
not every european tv with a scart plug can handle rgb and only one of my three european tvs has a scart plug.
in fact, there are lots of europeans, who have problems with their tv setups.
life isn't that easy. frown

<small>[ January 26, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: supergoose79 ]</small>

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
supergoose79:
not every european tv with a scart plug can handle rgb and only one of my three european tvs has a scart plug.
in fact, there are lots of europeans, who have problems with their tv setups.
life isn't that easy. :(
That true, luckley I am in europe and have a tv with a scart socket that works on it. I simply have wires going directly from the jamma to the scart and it works just fine (no converter needed).

Raz