Ninja Master's Boot?

yoko kurama

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I just want to know if this is a legit cart with a repro label or a 100% boot.....Also what is it worth ???? I know with the rarity of it, probably more than the price guide shows...just want some options :)

SDC10870.jpg

SDC10871.jpg

SDC10872.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually you can tell by the NGH number which is the number on the top of the chip.

In this case it is 217 which is ninja masters. Most boots will not have the NGH numbers on it. There of course was an exception with MS5 that there was a boot with the NGH number on it but it had other signs it was a boot like the 2 MX chips on it.

Pas

Camel Slug
Its a legit set of boards in a "Yaton" case...as for price its not really that rare. I picked up my copy (was also a yaton cased version with legit boards) for only $10+shipping.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
There going for anywhere between 40- 60 USD atm Great Game too!
BB

Pas

Camel Slug
There going for anywhere between 40- 60 USD atm Great Game too!
BB

Really? Wow...I must have gotten a great deal. I guess that happens when Yaton is dumping a million carts of one game...once they are gone prices go back up to the norm. I picked up my Goal Goal Goal cart that way too.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Its a legit set of boards in a "Yaton" case...as for price its not really that rare. I picked up my copy (was also a yaton cased version with legit boards) for only $10+shipping.
Me too. I paid a little more though. Re-cased it. I'm getting tired of the few re-labeled games in my collection though. I wouldn't mind finding original-labeled replacements for the 5 or so re-labels I have.

This one is legit for sure.

Guys, i have a little question myself. Unfortunately i cant open a thread at the moment, so i will hijack this one. ;)

I wanna buy a Viewpoint (MVS), but the Cart.-Shell is all black, not clear as usual. The label looks very legit, though (it even has one damaged spot, where i think the serial label was placed). Unfortunately i have no pic. of the cart, but were there Viewpoints in a black case? Maybe the euro-version or something?

Thanks in advance.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hard to say because 6 digit serial labels are placed on the cart label but the longer 8-10 digits ones are on the side of the cart. And the 6 digit ones are usually only on japanese MVS carts.

Hm, that's true.

Well, i found a picture at last:

Link edited for better loading times.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks legit, I've seen Viewpoints in black cases before. Looks like could be reprints also. You might want to ask for pics of the boards.

Ok, will do. Judging on the fact that you´ve seen other Viewpoints in black shells before, i think it is most likely legit.

Thank you. :)

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Sure Viewpoint comes in black. Mine is Japanese in a black case.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Hi

I'm new here and just posting this as a added topic. I want to know if this cartridge of ninja masters aes, is a boot. I'm Suspicious because of the different color on the slotpins. One is green and one is white.

I'm adding a link: http://viewitem.eim.ebay.no/NEO_GEO_AES_NINJA_MASTERS_Neogeo_SNK_JAPANESE_796/300474757124/item
I'd be surprised if that's the actual photo of the item. At any rate, there's no way to tell. For what it's worth, I think hit-japan is well-established, and fairly legit, as far as Japanese sellers who tack on a hefty import fee go.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
What difference do you see? SamuelNippon was caught selling a MS1 conversion on ebay several months back for whats it worth. Then came here and argued about it, heh.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It seems to me that samuelnippon's copy has much more vibrant red and blue colors. It's not only on the insert, but also on the manual and cart sticker as well.

And even though neoamusement informs that the insert on their copy is sunfaded, what are the chances that the manual and cart sticker are also sunfaded?

Note that the yellow warning sticker on the two copies have comparable intensity, so it's probably not due to camera differences.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It seems to me that samuelnippon's copy has much more vibrant red and blue colors. It's not only on the insert, but also on the manual and cart sticker as well.

I have owned two copies of Ninja Master´s before and i would not say that the colors of his copy are "too bright".
Maybe the other one looks just less vibrant because of the camera the owner used.
I also think that the insert of Samuel´s copy has some dents around the edges that normally only come with age.
You can´t be sure just from the pictures of course.

If Samuel´s copy is legit, it is definitely in collector´s condition and might be going at an affordable price.
I am really tempted to place a bid...on the other hand i don´t want to end up with an overpriced conversion.