Neo Geo Stick 2 for PS3

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Looks like they are going to release a Neo Geo Stick 2 for the PS3 in July this year. the newer PS3's can't play PS2 games, so unless they planning to release Neo games on PS3, I don't know that there are many games u can use it for. There's KOFXII coming to the PS3, but how many buttons does that use?- KOFXI on Atomiswave used 5 buttons. If it's the same design as previous stick 2's, there would only be 4 buttons big enough to really use as action buttons.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-15-neo+geo-70-3dmz.html

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I think there's a topic similar to this one here in this forums..

Oh well i've preordered one of this stick for the PS3..

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Can't wait to see reviews of this stick. The PS2 ones were pretty good if not kinda high costing. :)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Its going to be the same as the ps2 one.
but that photo of it on play-asia had white NEO GEO lettering(like the wii). The PS2 had gold lettering, which is definitely better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
but that photo of it on play-asia had white NEO GEO lettering(like the wii). The PS2 had gold lettering, which is definitely better

Out of curiosity, whats the difference?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Out of curiosity, whats the difference?
the original stick had gold lettering, so it's closer to the original. plus it looks better.

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Has anyone ever tried modding either of the Neo Geo Sticks with Sanwa or Seimitsu joysticks? I think it would be interesting, but I don't know how standard the sizes are on it.

Hide

Banned
Has anyone ever tried modding either of the Neo Geo Sticks with Sanwa or Seimitsu joysticks? I think it would be interesting, but I don't know how standard the sizes are on it.

i'd take a stock old style stick anyday!

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Ugh shipping is killer:

EMS Speedpost

Type: Courier
Duration: 3-5 days
Tracking: Limited
Insured: Yes

US$ 44.40

Fedex

Duration: 1-4 days
Tracking: Yes

US$ 52.90

UPS

US$ 59.40

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

yup, doesn't look too bad either. If I remember, they used 30mm sanwas.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
yup, doesn't look too bad either. If I remember, they used 30mm sanwas.

24mm snap ins

If you search back there are a bunch of threads for it and if you check out the JNX site James has a tutorial there as well.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Ugh shipping is killer:

EMS Speedpost

Duration: 3-5 days
Tracking: Limited

US$ 44.40

Fedex

US$ 52.90

UPS

US$ 59.40
Yep. I really bit the bullet when I ordered my PS2 one from Play-Asia years ago. That was for KOFMI2, now people are doing the same for KOFXII.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I've got two of the PS2 sticks... and they're really worth the effort. I wish I had cash floating around to get a PS3 one, but that's not in the cards. For anyone who's considering it, though, I'd say go for it.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Would it be worth preordering and paying the like 40 dollar shipping fee or do you think that there will be some floating around the import scene (like ncsx etc) soon?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The extra buttons are retarded but I guess we owe that to all the idiots that insists in using "shorcuts" in their button configurations. I wish they'd get rid off this idea of having extra buttons. I like the Neo stick but fuck the Neo Stick 2!

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i dont get it.how is this only coming for the Ps3 when the 360 is the one getting the real Neo love?with Garou, Kof 98,FFS etc

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The extra buttons are retarded but I guess we owe that to all the idiots that insists in using "shorcuts" in their button configurations. I wish they'd get rid off this idea of having extra buttons. I like the Neo stick but fuck the Neo Stick 2!
I don't know what you expect them to do. Without the other buttons it's useless for playing other games. I use mine for SF4, although it doesn't work well. Some SNKP games like KOF XI use them too (Atomiswave has that fifth button). I don't find that the extra buttons get in the way.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
what about the adapters made by Pelican ? or does those suck ?

The Pelican adapter is regarded as the best converter available for the PS3. It's a bit hard to get at a decent price though since it's been discontinued for several years. The korean InPin adapter is just as good IMO and it's easier to cme across one of these.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I can vouch for the InPin converter. I have 2 and they have yet to cause me any troubles.

Fett

Camel Slug
I'm not too thrilled about shelling out $60+ for a cheap plasticy joystick when I'm used to arcade quailty. I reacently redid the CP on my MVS cab so I'm sure I can manage to make my own. My only hangup is wiring it for PS3 or 360. Any of you know much about wiring into to USB?