KOF XII tournament

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That guy who lost in finals is a guy I play at AI, hes almost always playing KOF and is sick good at it.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Wish I could 'a been there. Looks like they had a lot of fun. You guys who live in California are some lucky bastards.

BTW: Does anybody know what stick the guy with the white shirt and black tie was playing on from the photos in the second link?

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
Went yesterday, it was sick. This place is used as a club during the weekends you could just tell.
Free food, got to play on 3 different Viewlix cabs. The PS3 port was cool and even got a couple freebies. Got to meet 3 SNK execs there yesterday also. One of the execs gave me a Huge poster and a move strip for the Arcade version of the game. Got an Iroha mini pvc also and a bag of free stuff to.
I got eliminated in the Semi Finals by a dope ass Ralf Player.
Will take pics of the stuff later.

Only downside was the nasty ass couple trying to cosplay as Mature and Ash. They were trying to freak during the music playing at the tournament.
FUCK!!! THEY WERE A MATCH MADE IN HELL!!

edit* LMAO Just saw the pics.
I got eliminated by the winner of the tourney!!

Last edited:

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
sd530530.jpg

The other poster they were giving away was more common and not as big.
This one was the nice big Arcade Version.

sd530531.jpg

Grab bag of stuff (cept for Iroha)

sd530533.jpg

Move sticker/list I was given comparison with my Alpha 3 kit move list

If someone can resize these that would be great.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Actually believe it or not I went to this. actually i signed up in the tournament because it seemed easier to get in that way. Guy looked at me funny at the door (Are you a competitor???) made it through the first round but did not get past the second, oh well at least I did not get knocked out the first round :)

got some really cool stuff though, picke up a resin of Leone, Athena and terry they were giving away, free t shirt, FF cap, bunch of the KOF 2000-2001 cards, several flyers, some ps3 swag etc.

been a awesome trip for me, my flight to LA and back was upgraded to first class, got several cool resins and other swap. saw the KOF XII trailer and meet mature. talked with the SNK guys, etc...

Last edited:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
It was, probly couldn't find enough Hrap3s I guess.

actually what i heard on this was they wanted to use the madcatz arcade sticks but needed them unbranded (w/o the SF4 pictures) and it would take to much time and effort so they went with the lower end hori's.

I would have preffered the better hori sticks

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Went yesterday, it was sick. This place is used as a club during the weekends you could just tell.
Free food, got to play on 3 different Viewlix cabs. The PS3 port was cool and even got a couple freebies. Got to meet 3 SNK execs there yesterday also. One of the execs gave me a Huge poster and a move strip for the Arcade version of the game. Got an Iroha mini pvc also and a bag of free stuff to.
I got eliminated in the Semi Finals by a dope ass Ralf Player.
Will take pics of the stuff later.

You couldn't have been eliminated in the Semis. If you did you would have been top 4. Do you mean the bracket semis?

I got to the top 16 I believe. I lost to RJ, who took 3rd. I went home with just a grab bag, but I enjoyed myself, I coudlnt care less about the trinkets they gave away...but I did want that PS3 or Viewlix :mr_t: My buddy Nocturnal took 4th, he took out some damn good placers, but ended up losing to Reynold in the Semis, then RJ in the 3rd place match.

I didn't mind what the couple was doing, but I wouldn't say they were Vice and Mature. They looked nothing like either. I'm glad Bee(Athena)won the cosplay contest.

Also had a good time with Big Bruno, being his button lackey :D

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
You couldn't have been eliminated in the Semis. If you did you would have been top 4. Do you mean the bracket semis?

I got to the top 16 I believe. I lost to RJ, who took 3rd. I went home with just a grab bag, but I enjoyed myself, I coudlnt care less about the trinkets they gave away...but I did want that PS3 or Viewlix :mr_t: My buddy Nocturnal took 4th, he took out some damn good placers, but ended up losing to Reynold in the Semis, then RJ in the 3rd place match.

I didn't mind what the couple was doing, but I wouldn't say they were Vice and Mature. They looked nothing like either. I'm glad Bee(Athena)won the cosplay contest.

Also had a good time with Big Bruno, being his button lackey :D

the brackets my bad man thanks. The mexican dudes at the cabs were crazy sick. :)
werent the couple mature and ash?

Glad the Athena won she was the only good one!

Last edited:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
the brackets my bad man thanks. The mexican dudes at the cabs were crazy sick. :)

more like some girl with an eye patch, some guy wearing a ash crimson jacket and a girl that actually spent some time to dress like athena.

I would've loved to have gone, except it took place on the exact opposite side of the country (more than 3000 miles away from home). Here's hoping Ignition plans on holding future tournaments outside the west coast (like around, say, Baltimore or NYC).

I saw some of those KOF XII tournament photos (can't remember which site off-hand), but that was some seriously lackluster cosplay. (Was it that fat girl dressed up as Athena who won the contest? If it was, I probably could've done a better job... even though I've never cosplayed before.)

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi

They claimed to be Mature and Ash, but they looked nothing like them. When the contest was going on and 'Mature' tried to show some skin to get more screams, everyone shut up, that was gold.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Leona looks the best out of the three. Athena doesn't have anything under her eyes, and Terry looks a bit odd.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Leona looks the best out of the three. Athena doesn't have anything under her eyes, and Terry looks a bit odd.

yeah as far as resins go I rate them a 5 out of a scale of 10. if you look the paint jobs is far from perfect around the face, the colors are simple and there is not much detail to them since they are all one piece.

nice things are the KOF 15th aniversary tag on the bottom, probably Ignition did not bring to many of these over (I am sure they made several none ignition ones and just branded the box for promotion here) and I have not seen to many leona resins (if any I can recall) and terry hat is actually a seperate piece. the bases are also a plus since they show detail over the standard none detailed bases.

pic of 15th aniversary tag

KOFXII15.jpg