ROTD MVS question

Freelancer

Banned
Hi all. New here but I have a question regarding Rage of the dragons for the MVS.

My MVS board is an MV-1F but I heard that ROTD MVS carts don't work on some older 1 slot boards. Does anyone know if the MV-1f is compatible with this game?

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Freelancer:
Hi all. New here but I have a question regarding Rage of the dragons for the MVS.

My MVS board is an MV-1F but I heard that ROTD MVS carts don't work on some older 1 slot boards. Does anyone know if the MV-1f is compatible with this game?
It crashed in my MV-1F and MV-1. It plays perfectly on my MV-1C.

Freelancer

Banned
That's bad news! Wouldn't Playmore have tested this cart out on all the MVS boards before releasing it? There must be of older MV 1x boards out there and none of them will be compatible except for the newest systems?

Underdog

Camel Slug
Does this problem still occur if you're using a non-standard bios (unibios, most likely), or is it a hardware problem?

Are 2+ slot boards also affected?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Underdog:
Does this problem still occur if you're using a non-standard bios (unibios, most likely), or is it a hardware problem?

Are 2+ slot boards also affected?
Works great on my 2 and 4 slot boards, I had no idea it didn't work on the 1 slots...

-Nick

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
My 4 slot is gold as well. No problems here.

Bummer 'bout the 1 slot issue though. frown

globalgeese

Another Striker (Lurker Edition), ,
Underdog:
i think it's a hardware problem, i test my slot MV-1 with a unibios and original bios, the result is the same one, the game don't work frown

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
Let me add my voice to the litany of frustration: I have an MV-1 and it crashes on that too. frown

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
GOD DAMN IT! I won't work on my MV-1F but it does work on my 4 slot. This sucks :(

I'm so calling SNK Neo-Geo USA tommorrow morning to ask if they have replacement carts that will work with the 1-Slot boards. I so don't want to rebuild the supergun AGAIN... frown

<small>[ April 20, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: JHendrix ]</small>

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Sadly, this issue isn't just limited to this game;

Both Blazing Star and Strikers have sound problems on most all of my one slots (that's 3 boards) but work fine on both of my 2 slots.

Coincidence, I think not?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
What happens when these games crash on the 1 slots..?
I mean what occurs..
Does the game come up then freeze?
Explain please..
For my own knowledge

JHendrix

BC_Gambit:

Both Blazing Star and Strikers have sound problems on most all of my one slots (that's 3 boards) but work fine on both of my 2 slots.

eek! No friggin way! I hadn't tested my Blazing Star on my 1F yet, oh god if this don't work I'm gonna be hella pissed!

Lunchtime rolls around and I'm calling these people up to see what if anything they can do.

Chris, what happens is that the game will just up and reset on me. Like it'll glitch on sound some of the time, or there will be little patches of pixels that go out during the game, then it'll reset.

JHendrix

Ok, just got off the phone with them, apparantly they never heard of this problem before (I was hoping that they had and there was a fix).

Ok QUESTION TIME!

Do you guys have it hooked up in a Supergun setup where the board is only getting +5V or is it in a Supergun/Cab where the +5 and +12 are being delievered to the unit?

I can't think of this being a real issue since my 4-Slot that I tested it on was only getting the +5V and it worked perfectly fine on that, so I'm completely at a loss about this since the guy on the phone told me that they've sold hundreds of these things even internationally and that they've never heard of this problem.

Still if someone else has a MV-1 or a MV-1F that ROTD is working on and its getting the full +5V and +12V I just might buy another power supply and hook up the +12V to see whats going on. :(

*sigh* It was still nice and hear them say "Good morning, SNK."

Freelancer

Banned
JHendrix:
Ok, just got off the phone with them, apparantly they never heard of this problem before (I was hoping that they had and there was a fix).

Ok QUESTION TIME!

Do you guys have it hooked up in a Supergun setup where the board is only getting +5V or is it in a Supergun/Cab where the +5 and +12 are being delievered to the unit?

I can't think of this being a real issue since my 4-Slot that I tested it on was only getting the +5V and it worked perfectly fine on that, so I'm completely at a loss about this since the guy on the phone told me that they've sold hundreds of these things even internationally and that they've never heard of this problem.

Still if someone else has a MV-1 or a MV-1F that ROTD is working on and its getting the full +5V and +12V I just might buy another power supply and hook up the +12V to see whats going on. :(

*sigh* It was still nice and hear them say "Good morning, SNK."
Well, for what it's worth, my Supergun and MV-1F combo is hooked up to a standard PC AT powersupply and is getting the full +5V and +12V (as well as the -5V for compatibility with the majority of the boards in the Jamma standard).

I hope to god that ROTD will work on my MV-1F...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
JHendrix:
BC_Gambit:

eek! No friggin way! I hadn't tested my Blazing Star on my 1F yet, oh god if this don't work I'm gonna be hella pissed!

Lunchtime rolls around and I'm calling these people up to see what if anything they can do.

Chris, what happens is that the game will just up and reset on me. Like it'll glitch on sound some of the time, or there will be little patches of pixels that go out during the game, then it'll reset.
Thank you..

Freelancer

Banned
ANother question regarding new releases that has me concerned...will other new releases like Matrimelee or KOF 2002 work on an MV-1F board, or is the crashing problem relegated only to Rage of the Dragons?

The fact that KOF2k2 kits are dropping in price and Matrimelee being out already is tempting me, but I don't want to buy a game that doesn't work...

JHendrix

KOF2k2 works just fine. I'm praying that I won't have problems w/ Maritrimelee or SvC.

I'm planning on building a separate supergun to work with my 4-Slot and eventually a Hyper. Hopefully that'll alleviate my problem. I still wish it would work on my 1F though! frown

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
My glitch was not on a SuperGun--it was on a standard US red Neo cab. So it's not a problem limited to customized setups. The only thing custom on my cab is I have a memory card reader installed, and I had to replace the power supply.

When mine glitched, it got up to "How to Play" like a normal game would, but a few moments after it started How to Play, the screen froze, went green & white with big pixel chunks, and then reset itself. Repeat until you run out of swear words. :)

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
JHendrix:
BC_Gambit:

I never noticed any problems with Blazing Star in my MV-1F. I (sadly) don't have ROTD yet to test it out.

JHendrix

Well Blazing Star works fine on my 1F, I tested it out the other day. Got all the way through level one with my standard A ranking, so I'm assuming its fine.

Basically Dan hit the nail on the head with the problem. I can actually get the dang thing to play for a while, but it'll just freeze on up midway through (with the white/green pixel blocks like he mentioned) and the thing resets.

I highly encourage people who have this problem to email Playmore about it if not to just report the problem.

Freelancer

Banned
JHendrix:
Well Blazing Star works fine on my 1F, I tested it out the other day. Got all the way through level one with my standard A ranking, so I'm assuming its fine.
Same here. I just bought a genuine Blazing Star MVS cart and it works perfectly on my MV-1F. No sound problems or lockups reported by me and I played through to the fourth stage! :)

Maybe BCGambit has an issue with his Neo Geo MVS board?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
A mate of mine hasd a MV-1FZ and has ROTD, no problems at all. I also have a MV-1FZ and will be getting the game soon. I will update you if it all works OK.

Mat Lloyd