Samruai Showdown 2 repair?

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Ok...I am relatively sure this is a boot...but then again, I called some of the others wrong.

Take a look guys:
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3 (big one)

Those EPs are covered now, I just took a pic before covering them to show you guys.

Last edited:

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I was under the impression that windowed roms meant boots tho...

I see in the FAQ that it says there are times where legits have EPROMs tho, so I guess this is one of those cases?

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yes, it is legit. Nothing about that at all looks like a bootleg. SNK boards, SNK chips, mask ROMs with the proper NGH numbers. Two EPROMs does not boot make.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was under the impression that windowed roms meant boots tho...

I see in the FAQ that it says there are times where legits have EPROMs tho, so I guess this is one of those cases?

I covered that in one of my tutorials about boots on my site.

When you see those colored markings it's an SNK repair job. SNK repair jobs have that marking, only time I remember them changing it was when I had a MOTW and it just had new chips with stickers on them.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Yes, it is legit. Nothing about that at all looks like a bootleg. SNK boards, SNK chips, mask ROMs with the proper NGH numbers. Two EPROMs does not boot make.
I just wanted to be sure.

In one of the FAQs, it says "EPROMS = bad" but I also saw the part about special cases, so I figured I could check with you guys.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yep, like some other said, that's legit. Most of the chips in there have an NGH number, it's the right NGH number, and two EPROMS is pretty standard for a repair job. The NEC chips are another indication it's legit.

Drakon

New Challenger
do you honestly believe anyone would bootleg a ss2? It's one of the cheapest and most common mvs games I've come across

easiest way to check is look at the non eprom chips and see if their numbers match with the master list

http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/masterlist.htm

Last edited: