Burning Fight MVS

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
So I just bought this game from one of the users here and I believe it to be a boot. Can someone confirm for me?

PCB1.jpg

PCB2.jpg

Last edited:

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's one crazy network of capacitors on the top board. But it's all maskroms, therefore it's probably legit.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yea, a lot of caps on there but this could be when SNK starting switching to their custom chips instead of the off shelf logic chips. Looks legit.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I've seen one or two of these before. I believe this is a repair job, albeit a very strange-looking one. I would say it is a legit cartridge.

acg12xu, you would do well to ask what you can expect from someone as far as making things right, instead of "what recourse can be taken." Most people wouldn't open up a Burning Fight to see if it is a boot, as there is not enough market for it to warrant bootlegging, and no one has ever seen a bootleg Burning Fight to my knowledge. If, theoretically, it had been a boot, I would not expect the seller to have suspected that, and I'm sure he would have refunded your money.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Yep it's legit. Ancient repair job, but I bet it still runs fine?

(nodding my head to the previous posts, nice and civil answers. Good conclusions, and Collin trying out a new boot thread?.... very nice. Needs some refining but will come with time/experience my young padawan, lol. Good job guys!)

p.s. pulstar is still your's so no worries bro, probably late summer when i get sick of it, lol

Last edited:

Pas

Camel Slug
Thats legit...I used to have one like that....for reference it was made durring a crossover period...check out pics of the two versions here and here

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Wow, I can see why you asked... that thing is unusual.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Thanks for the replies everyone. I realise I may have worded my initial post a little hastily but I had no intention of "getting the seller in trouble." I was defitintely ready to work out the transaction with the seller before contacting a moderator but was taken aback by what I saw, but I regress.

I've only played the first level and I have noticed some annoying sound glitches.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Gotcha. No worries, man. Someone else reported the exact same problem with a repair job, if you look several threads down in this boot-or-no-boot section.

Understandable that sound glitches would be annoying; have you tried cleaning it? I'm a big fan of cleaning the contacts once with a q-tip covered in rubbing alcohol, then running the dry end of the q-tip over the contacts to remove any residual dirt and dry them.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
I just cleaned it as you described and I still get the sound glitches for a good percentage of the sound effects, like a scratchy staticy sound. When I was examining the boards I also noticed that they were pretty sticky.. like soda had been spilt on the cartridge. Could this be the culprit?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
It's possible that this sticky liquid could cause the problem, if the soda managed to corrode some connection/wiring.

Do you have a multi-slot board? If so, please try checking it in other slots.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
I've tried multiple slots and still the same scratchiness.

I would try my 2nd cab but it's tucked away in my garage..

[EDIT]
I pulled one end of the cartridge slightly up and it took care of the sound glitches. I guess the board's just really sensitive.

It's possible that this sticky liquid could cause the problem, if the soda managed to corrode some connection/wiring.

Do you have a multi-slot board? If so, please try checking it in other slots.

Last edited:

havok666

n00b
I just cleaned it as you described and I still get the sound glitches for a good percentage of the sound effects, like a scratchy staticy sound. When I was examining the boards I also noticed that they were pretty sticky.. like soda had been spilt on the cartridge. Could this be the culprit?

I've had the same scratchy sound effects on my Burning Fight cart. I've never opened it up so it might be similar to the repair job on your board. All I did was clean the contacts and it's been working fine ever since.