32in sony wide screen

i have a 32in sony widescreen tv but i do not like the image quailty as i seem to get a better picture on my 14in sony anyone else using this widescreen kv32-fq75u i am using a jap neo aes and also a phantom converter although i do use aes carts and i get the same picture antbody got any tips on how to improve the picture as it look very blocky and stretched looking

TriShield

Host for Orochi
What type of connection are you using?

Sometimes those televisions have to have the 16:9 enhanced feature disabled in the menu.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Yeah, the stretch thing you should be able to disable. It's essentially taking a square image and pulling it laterally to fill up the space. Nothing like Mai with butterface, eh? angry

What you will end up with is black or grey bars on the right and left of the game image, very similar to top and bottom black of letterboxing. Absolutely worth it. Fat face is no fun.

As far as resolution, be aware that the Neo is not a high res machine. When the picture gets big, you begin to see the individual pixels that make up the sprites. It may look blocky when it's all blown up to 32" because. . . well, it is.