Building a cab from scratch?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
how many people on this board have built a cab from scratch? how hard is it to do- is it worth doing?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
fat chance getting any here to even admit it or help. they wont even measure their cabs for me

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
i wasn't necessarily asking for help with it, although that would be good too. i don't know if I'd ever actually do it. there are guides on the net about how to do it anyway.
i was more asking if it was worth it from the perspective of saving money or getting skills.

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
You definitely won't save money if you're going to build your own. It's cheaper to buy an empty cab and refurbish it, than to spend lots of cash on wood. Also, it will save you a lot of time and effort. Unless it's hard to source a cab in Australia, I wouldn't bother building one.

Jedi276

n00b
I am currently constructing my own cab from scratch and can definitely say it is more expensive than buying and refurbishing a used cab. On the flip side though, it is a lot of fun and is definitely a learning experience!

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
werejag, what kind of measurements are you looking for, just LWH or something different? Are you basically looking for blueprints of an MVS 1 slot cab?