Street fighter 2 Hyper fighters Boot or no Boot??

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
i got this PCB on a trade, and i would like to know if it's a boot or not, the trader said it was legit, but im not sure, so, here we go:
sf1.jpg

sf4.jpg

sf2.jpg

P1010069.jpg

what do you guys think??

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Real CPS board with real SF2 Champion Edition maskroms. Check the three chips to the furthest right. One is underneath the C-board. A true legit Hyper Fighting has holo stickers on these three chips that say CAPCOM. Yours is probably identical, just the roms were not burnt by capcom.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Real CPS board with real SF2 Champion Edition maskroms. Check the three chips to the furthest right. One is underneath the C-board. A true legit Hyper Fighting has holo stickers on these three chips that say CAPCOM. Yours is probably identical, just the roms were not burnt by capcom.

you are talking about the 3 chips over the #28 to the right, right? i just checked those, and there are holo stickers in them but they don't say capcom. so, it means its a boot??

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
I wouldn't necessarily call it a boot, just because they don't have the holo stickers. A real boot would be a completely different board.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks totally fine. What makes you think it may not be legit?

Drakon

New Challenger
Anything sf2 that's on cps1 shouldn't be a "bootleg". If it's all EPROMS then it's simply a conversion but still not a boot. Here's what an actual sf2 bootleg board looks like

sf2board1.jpg

kind of easy to tell the difference