Garou MOTW Boot or Repair?

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Has some sound issues. While I'm doing the clean and check chip connections dance, anyone care to chime in with their thoughts of this being a boot or a repair or what?

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a repair by SNK. I have had a MOTW just like that. I'm still wondering what they changed in the game code for that repair.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
It looks like a repair job. I have one, too, but I don't think it has quite as many EPROMS. Seems like a LOT of Japanese Garou MOTW carts look like that, actually.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
What should we look for?

It's a repair by SNK. I have had a MOTW just like that. I'm still wondering what they changed in the game code for that repair.

So we can learn from you....

What traits make you aware that it is an SNK repair?

Thanks

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So we can learn from you....

What traits make you aware that it is an SNK repair?

Thanks
Same thing as all the other boot posts. 100% Legit CHA board with legit Toshiba mask roms. PRG board is legit w/Toshiba roms, just 4 EPROMs with labels.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Same thing as all the other boot posts. 100% Legit CHA board with legit Toshiba mask roms. PRG board is legit w/Toshiba roms, just 4 EPROMs with labels.

So its the stickers with #'s on them over the EPROMS that indicate the EPROMS are form SNK?

Thanks

madman

It's not to say that someone couldn't burn EPROMs and put stickers on them. But who would take a working cart with legit chips, rip them out and replace w/EPROMs? The boards are original SNK, the Toshiba chips are legit, that's how you can tell it is not a boot.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
It's not to say that someone couldn't burn EPROMs and put stickers on them. But who would take a working cart with legit chips, rip them out and replace w/EPROMs? The boards are original SNK, the Toshiba chips are legit, that's how you can tell it is not a boot.

Good points

I look for the Toshiba chips too when I inspect a cart, but the SNK boards does not hold a whole lot of water for me because so many of the boots out there are on legit broads pulled from another game. ( Not the game in this thread)

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Basically, it boils down to there being too many legit chips there for it to be a boot.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most boots will have either all windowed eeproms, conflicting NGH numbers, MX flash chips, non-snk boards, wired surface mount chips.

madman

EEPROMS do not have windows, they are erased electronically. EPROMS do have windows, as they use UV to erase the contents.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Garou MOTW Boot or Repair?
Has some sound issues. While I'm doing the clean and check chip connections dance, anyone care to chime in with their thoughts of this being a boot or a repair or what?

Thanks!
It's an SNK repair job, I have a Garou with a repair job just like it(including the wire). Cover those holes with tape.