MV1C = Teh BIATCH!

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Okay, I'm prolly gonna get an MV-1C. I will need it to be able to play ROTD properly and it's tiny, wich makes it desirable.

Now I've seen somewhere that the Unibios CAN be mounted onto a soldered bios. Prolly hidden in some old thread that wasn't detected when I searched.

What I also would like to know is if the stereo mod is possible for me to do, with hands at the size of X-box controllers. And how it is done (Yes, I've seen the old thread, but the pics are gone).

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
you can't mount it ONTO the chip.. check for my "heart surgery on a 1B" thread to see what needs to be done.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Fluff_Daddy:
Okay, I'm prolly gonna get an MV-1C. I will need it to be able to play ROTD properly and it's tiny, wich makes it desirable.

Now I've seen somewhere that the Unibios CAN be mounted onto a soldered bios. Prolly hidden in some old thread that wasn't detected when I searched.

What I also would like to know is if the stereo mod is possible for me to do, with hands at the size of X-box controllers. And how it is done (Yes, I've seen the old thread, but the pics are gone).
DO NOT BUY an MV-1C if you intend to install a UNIBIOS. If you must have a UNIBIOS then go for an MV that supports a socketed BIOS.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
it's doable, but as pictured in my thread.. LOTS of work and you should be skilled with small spots.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Isn't there a kind of loose socket (like the one that the bios in my 1F sits in) that you can put the unibios in and then solder from that socket? Might work?

And what about the stereo mod? gimme links!!

*greedy*

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
no. the 1c/1b bios is less than half the size of the normal bios chip.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
What I mean is that the socket that my standard 1F bios sits is prolly available for purchase and could be used to hold the unibios. Then I could rn wires from that socket to the main board. Possibility?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that's exactly what I did, if you look into my thread on this.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
unfortunately that's not true, as I had to find out :/
ROTD crashes on my 1FZ.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The Uni-Bios will not work on the MV-1c, no matter what you do to it, the 1c uses a different kind of bios chip than the other boards.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
@Lashuin: wrong. different chip package type yes, but it DOES work. again, look at my thread. the 1B uses the same type.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
As I've said many times, you can't be sure if ROTD will work in your board just for its model, it has been reported contradictory things about that.