US KOFXII website live - art contest!!! PICK US BOX ART THRU MAY 22

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Tell her good luck!

I liked her work you posted the other day!

Talent + Passion + Money can yield some interesting results.

I'm just waiting for their forums to be flooded with nonsensical posts from SNKP USA's now-defunct forum refugees and GameFAQs rejects.

All joking aside, I'm glad to see someone finally listened to my idea for a fanart contest. (I made a post in Ignition's forums suggesting such, though I don't have the link on-hand right now.) Problem is I have no artistic talent (heck, even a fifth-grader could draw better than I could). Still, if any of the forum members have the artistic chops (M, if you're reading this, get to work now), then I say hack away at that fanart piggy bank!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
omg.
the fan art on there is terrible.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Threw my hat in the ring, whipped up a drawing of King. She's not in the game, but she is and ever shall be my favorite KOF fighter. Who knows, maybe I'll get a free copy of the game, then King will be some horrible DLC trap that I'll totally fall for :D

http://danthor.deviantart.com/art/King-finished-122934870

Damn, that's great! King was always my favorite KoF character next to Terry.

Ignition is running a Rock the Box Round 2 poll on the KoF XII forums...I guess enough people bitched about not being able to choose the Japanese art that they had to have another poll. PS3 and 360 are separate polls, the top two threads on this page:

http://forums.ignitionusa.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Go vote now, as it ends on May 22!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Damn. None of the box arts are that great, but it looks like the idiots on the ignition forum are all over that japanese one. I was really hoping they wouldn't put Ash on the cover, but I guess the japanophiles get their way.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Damn. None of the box arts are that great, but it looks like the idiots on the ignition forum are all over that japanese one. I was really hoping they wouldn't put Ash on the cover, but I guess the japanophiles get their way.

The Ash artwork is winning because all of the people who were butthurt that it wasn't on there last time are voting while the people who already voted probably don't even know about it.

Come on neo-geo.com, get over there and make it right. I like Ash and everything, but that Japanese boxart is fucking horrible.

neodizzle

n00b
That is seriously about the ugliest box art to come out of Japan that I have ever seen. I'm not artist, but come on now!

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Well, I registered and voted for the non-Japanese art, even if one of them is a shoop of the character profiles. The 360 JP art looks like a shitty fan drawing.

There aren't that many total votes guys, so every vote does count...get over there and make your voice heard! :buttrock:

Clessy

Banned
Yeah I will vote for a us box too. I hate having the same boxes in different regions.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Dammit, all of the weaboo n00bs picked the shit art.

Ah well, here's hoping that Ignition wises up and includes a reversible insert with both choices on it.