KOF12 arcade sticks coming for PS3

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Mmmm, Neo Sticks for PS3. Yummeh.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ive never checked. Are ps3 accessories region free like games?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Looks like I'm sticking to my PS2 Neo Stick with the XBox 360 converter for KOF XII. I just ordered a wireless headset so I can play online too.

Mmmm, Neo Sticks for PS3. Yummeh.
What's the benefit over using a PS2 Neo Stick?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
What's the benefit over using a PS2 Neo Stick?

Nothing, aside from the fact that you need a PS2>USB adapter with a built-in PS Button.

Even though I kinda want one of those PS3 Neo sticks, I already have both a NEO-STICK 2 and a NEO-STICK 3 for PS2, so there isn't much point.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'll most likely pick these two up on release just for the heck of it. That $65(six-button) stick looks a lot like the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom stick that came out on Wii.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Fuckin awesome... I've been trying to find a Madcatz TE stick for PS3, but one of those might do in a pinch. :D

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I never bought the ps2 neo stick because I'd rather play my neo(s) then ports, but at this point I think I'm going to have to snap up one of those new ones for KOFXII.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
cool. i was thinking of getting some used oldstyle sticks and building converters for this game, but I like the idea of brand new stuff a lot better.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Just a word of caution... The Neo Stick worked like shit for SF4, and usually worked bad for Capcom games in general. It's probably not a good idea to use a Neo Stick as your main stick for all games. I don't know why. Maybe it's the square gate.

ecksnine

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I don't think its the square gate. Most people I know, and that I make sticks for use square gates on JLF's for SF4. Including me.

Just a word of caution... The Neo Stick worked like shit for SF4, and usually worked bad for Capcom games in general. It's probably not a good idea to use a Neo Stick as your main stick for all games. I don't know why. Maybe it's the square gate.

Zenimus

I don't know what a square gate is, but I used the NEO STICK 3 as my primary controller. True, it's a 6-button game, but I set up the controls KOF-style, with the middle hits set to the upper L1 and R1 buttons.

When I was little, I always played Street Fighter 2 on SNES with the mids set to the shoulder buttons, so I'm used to playing it like that.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don't know what a square gate is, but I used the NEO STICK 3 as my primary controller. True, it's a 6-button game, but I set up the controls KOF-style, with the middle hits set to the upper L1 and R1 buttons.
Me too, but I have a lot of trouble doing diagonals.

Thanks, ecksnine. If anyone has any further insight, I'd like to hear it.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Nothing, aside from the fact that you need a PS2>USB adapter with a built-in PS Button.

Even though I kinda want one of those PS3 Neo sticks, I already have both a NEO-STICK 2 and a NEO-STICK 3 for PS2, so there isn't much point.

I don't have a PlayStation button on mine, but my ps2 controllers work fine (on ps3).

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Since the PS3 has access to the PS2's immense collection of controller options via the adapters, it's too bad there isn't a 360 version of these. They certainly are needed more there.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
NCS has opened preorders for the KOF Sticks for $79.90. NeoGeo sticks are tomorrows preorder.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Since the PS3 has access to the PS2's immense collection of controller options via the adapters, it's too bad there isn't a 360 version of these. They certainly are needed more there.
I agree. Microsoft's digital device signing is definitely hindering support from third party peripheral-makers. I don't blame them for not wanting to mess with it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
NCS has opened preorders for the KOF Sticks for $79.90. NeoGeo sticks are tomorrows preorder.

Eighty bucks, eh? Hmm... Definitely gonna have to give that some thought. Might hold out for the Madcatz TE after all though. We'll see.

Zenimus

I don't have a PlayStation button on mine, but my ps2 controllers work fine (on ps3).

Really? How did you get it to recognize the controllers?

I tried getting my PS2 controllers to work with my old USB adapters, but without a PS button I couldn't get the controllers to show up.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Really? How did you get it to recognize the controllers?

I tried getting my PS2 controllers to work with my old USB adapters, but without a PS button I couldn't get the controllers to show up.

Try :up: + Select

That combination usually works the same as the home button.