Darkstalkers Tribute

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Something for the Vampire fans out there.

http://udonentertainment.com/darkstalkerstribute/

Found out about this from Fighter Generation.

preview4.jpg

preview1.jpg

preview3.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Darkstalkers is coming out for MVS?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I used to own the original darkstalkers on CPS2, nice looking game, pretty boring after a while though. great presentation and animation.

But yeah

*tumbleweeds*

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I always liked Darkstalkers, very fun games with cool character design. Too bad Capcom will probably never do anything with the series again. They should at least release one of the games for download on PS3/360.

KenDong

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Never played it on versus mode, too bad for me -.-.

Very really cool characters, though; especially Jedah, if you ask me ^^.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service on the Dreamcast is, and was, one of the best 2D fighting games ever made.

Any given Vampire iteration (even the execrable VS2 and VH2) has more personality than all of the Street Fighter iterations combined.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

epic.
I think i have vampire savior on saturn.
and maybe another one or something for the US saturn.
fun game if you're playing vs.
but I never got into it as much as any other capcom property.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Any given Vampire iteration (even the execrable VS2 and VH2) has more personality than all of the Street Fighter iterations combined.

My sentiments exactly, but I don't feel like opening up any old can of worms at the moment.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
looks pretty nice, did udon release more artbooks except for this and the street fighter one? the sf artbook was a japanese release as well right?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
(even the execrable VS2 and VH2)

Aside from being clones of their immediate predecessors with palette swaps and minor roster changes (in other words, the obvious), what's so bad about these two games?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Aside from being clones of their immediate predecessors with palette swaps and minor roster changes (in other words, the obvious), what's so bad about these two games?

Eh, they just mucked with what was good in VS for no reason. They should've just made an arcade version of Vampire Chronicle and been done with it. There's really no excuse for releasing two games that are all but identical, but for the roster. With VC, you at least have a definitive collection of the roster, and alternate versions of every character to suit each of the first three games (even new versions, for those who weren't in Vampire and/or Vampire Hunter). I wish the Vampire collection on PS2 had just been a port of VC.

KenDong

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have Darkstalkers on PSP, that is the collection released by Capcom, but it's almost unplayable... it's the D-Pad's fault, it just sucks -_-.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Eh, they just mucked with what was good in VS for no reason. They should've just made an arcade version of Vampire Chronicle and been done with it. There's really no excuse for releasing two games that are all but identical, but for the roster. With VC, you at least have a definitive collection of the roster, and alternate versions of every character to suit each of the first three games (even new versions, for those who weren't in Vampire and/or Vampire Hunter). I wish the Vampire collection on PS2 had just been a port of VC.

I recall reading somewhere that Capcom's arcade board couldn't handle having the entire cast in the original Vampire Savior which was why VH2 and VS2 were made in the first place.

And as much as I love Chronicle, I like finally having perfect/near perfect arcade ports of Darkstalkers and Nightwarriors.

Even when playing it on the PS 2 my copy of PS 1 Darkstalkers tended to slowdown drastically after extended periods of play.