1fz 1 slot board worth buying

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
ive been offered a mv-1fz 1 slot board boxed as new for £110 what do you guys think about this
board?is it worth buying or should i wait and try and find a mv-1? i must admit the mv-1fz looks a whole lot nicer than the mv-1 though

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Trevor spencer ]</small>

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
That’s a ridiculous price man even if its boxed as new! I got my MV-1FZ for AUD$112 (Australian Dollars) so like approx £45 and the thing is in awesome condition. I also bought my as new mini MV-1B with manual as new for AUD$104 (approx £40) so shop around, be patient and keep an eye on eBay, particularly people that don't list things well, so people don’t easily find it, or don’t have pictures, but of course send em an email and request an image of the board and ask for model if its not stated. But be patient and save some cash for carts!!! glee

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Oh more to the point though, the 1FZ is a great little board, its compact and has a socketed BIOS so you can install a Universe BIOS real easy. The other consideration though is it doesn't have stereo sound like some other earlier 1 slot boards like MV-1 and MV-1F(S & T). No standard Neo controller ports either if this is important to ya! Hehe I get so damn complacent with 5 MVS boards, but hey can ya blame me, were talking Neo hardware after all! :D

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That does seem a bit on the step side for an MVS board. I'd shop around a bit more if I were you.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
ok ill be patiant
thanks for the advice.
what board would you reccomend im using DC sticks with my supergun but im not to bothered about a memery card slot,my supergun has got a 3.5jack on the back so would i be able to get stereo out of that or would i have to connect the headphone jack to the mvs board.(stereo sound is important to me, i spent enough on my amp and speakers)i would like a nice tidy little unit though

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Trevor spencer ]</small>

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey trevor! Good to have saved you some cash anyway! If you want stereo sound the only 1 slots you can go for is an MV-1, MV-1F(in its S or T incarnation)(not a bad size either much more compact than an MV-1), and I keep hearing about an MV-1T too but I'm sure of the particulars of this one (could someone please clear this up for me!) other than that it's an oldie with all the cool frills! Oh, other than that though there is of course the multi slot boards which all have stereo and the 4 and 6 slotters even have stereo off the JAMMA connector in addition to a headphone jack!

All the best!
Toby glee

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
thanks john ill keep an eye out. i havnt seen any for sale yet but ive taken note MV-1F

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Very steep price, buy from a dealer and you get stung, just wait around on ebay as they pop up regular and most go for not much more than 50 pounds

I have a MVH 1T board it has the mono/stereo flip switch which is pretty good as sometimes when u have the sound full blast the stereo sound gets a bit fuzzy but flip it to mono and its perfectly clear with not much difference, it also has two controller ports plus the memory card slots,

<small>[ July 02, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Lee Gray ]</small>

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
heres the site that offer the 1 slot for £110

<a href="http://www.paul.timson.ukonline.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.paul.timson.ukonline.co.uk/</a>