I want to buy a cab, but have no idea what to get! HELP!

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've decided to sell off some of my consoles and games and to buy an arcade machine. But, unlike most of you, I have no knowledge with this sort of stuff. So.. as not to confuse you with my stupidness, and so you don't confuse me with your answers... I'm just going to tell you what I'd like and hopefully someone can help me out.

The game I want is "Viper: Phase 1". It's a vertically scrolling shooter made by the guys who made the Raiden games.

What kind of cab would I need to play this game? What kind of board does this game run on?

I don't want a full-sized cab right now. I'd like something the size of a Neo Candy since I don't have much room at the moment. But, once I move into a bigger place, I'd like to get a bigger cab for the game. Something with big screen. Since this game is vertically scrolling, will it work on any monitor? Will it distort the graphics, or just run with bars on the sides?

I know I sound really dumb, but I'm new to this whole thing. All I know is that I love this game and would love to own it, but I get lost in everyone's "expert talk".

I'd like a jamma arcade cab that's small like a neo candy that will play Viper Phase 1, and I'd like to be able to get a bigger cab later on that will work with the game.

This link may help:
<a href="http://www.klov.com/V/Viper_Phase_1.html" target="_blank">http://www.klov.com/V/Viper_Phase_1.html</a>
Apparently it needs its' own motherboard.

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So, I'd have to track down a Seibu motherboard in order to play the game? Hmm... could one be installed into a candy? I have no experience with electrical modifications of anykind.

Say, if I can install a Seibu motherboard into a candy (or any other similar type of cab), does it work kind of like a console after that? I just buy the Viper Phase One board and plug it in? Looks like that's the way MVS carts work.

It sounds like the only way I'll be able to get this game is if I just get the dedicated machine... which is just about out of the question at this point.

Any further help would be appreciated.