US AES AC Adapter

evancich

n00b
Hello,

I just bought an AES off ebay, and it arrived today with a broken AC adapter. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get one quickly to test the console. I'm worried that if the adapter came broken, so might the console.

I put a meter to the adapter, and 5V & 3A is not coming out (nothing is). I pulled the adapter apart, and the PCB is cracked in a bunch of places. I tried to solder wire jumps to it, but it did not work. Radioshack doesn't have anything that goes to that high of amps with 5v, anybody got any ideas?

DaffyDuck

Lazy ,
Hi, mine that I use is from Radio shack part #273-1695. It says it is for use with digital cameras. It is only 2.5 amps but works fine. It goes from 3-6.5v. set it at 5. You will also need to buy the correct plug for the neo. As the ones it comes with are to small. Radio shack has that also.

Winston Goh

Camel Slug
Originally posted by evancich:
<strong>Hello,

I just bought an AES off ebay, and it arrived today with a broken AC adapter. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get one quickly to test the console. I'm worried that if the adapter came broken, so might the console.

I put a meter to the adapter, and 5V & 3A is not coming out (nothing is). I pulled the adapter apart, and the PCB is cracked in a bunch of places. I tried to solder wire jumps to it, but it did not work. Radioshack doesn't have anything that goes to that high of amps with 5v, anybody got any ideas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Let me guess......If it is the big kind of PSU like a laptop's, the crack is at the transformer right? I suspect the post man.....well, check the surface mount device as well, they may come loose..

WENARD

n00b
You might want to check www. telegames.com they might sell you an original ac adaptor