Supergun and Atomiswave Picture Issue

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
It's not a huge deal, but I do get a slight flicker in the upper left hand corner of the screen and also you can see some lines occasionly going across horizontally.

I'm using a D-Lite built supergun Revolver with component input on a Samsung LCD TV.

Anybody have any ideas or things I should try to clean this up?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I used to have D-Lite...now mine has a JROK 4.1 in it. I get similar "noise" on Atomiswave only. I might try hooking up the sync cleaner to see if it fixes this. If so, you could probably just buy one of those from JROK and put it in.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Okay, so now I got the upper left hand corner to behave but now the entire screen sort of twitches up and down.

Any ideas?

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
Okay, so now I got the upper left hand corner to behave but now the entire screen sort of twitches up and down.

Any ideas?
Have tried flipping the Sync Switch? Should be one of the switches on the back of the SG---was the big one on my Revolver Style SG from Dean.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Yes, I have flipped the sync switch. Picture looks really good, but I still get the up and down twitching.

Could it be the Atomiswave board?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's your TV, any kind of LCD or plasma usually doesn't have a perfect picture with a supergun unless an XRGB is used. It's something to do with the boards refresh rate.

Have you tried the VGA output?

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I'm going to try that tonight as I didn't have a VGA cable handy. I'lll let you know and thanks for your help.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don't forget that you might need to flip dip 1 when using VGA, it toggles between 15khz and 31khz.

gameaholic

DO NOT DEAL WITH ME! I STILL OWE STUFF TO MEMBERS!
Mine Works

I have a use a super gun with an Atomiswave board just fine with my gun. I use a nice cheap dynex 32 inch LCD and it works with every board just fine. I will mention that the Midway line of games that have weird refresh rates have not worked for me on any tv even crt. I will mention that I have noticed that Samsung TV are real crappy. I work for a large cable company and sometimes Samsung will not even work with the newer boxes.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Well, I tried the VGA input and got no picture. However, with the dip switch still switched for VGA I went back to my component input and the picture using component input looks totally fine. Is this normal? I'm not going to complain but it does seem odd.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I guess your TV like the 31khz setting rather than the 15khz setting.

quoth09

War Room Troll
Which way is DIP 1 when it works on your TV? Up or Down?

DIP SWITCH 1:

OFF (UP) FOR STANDARD JAMMA 15khz

ON (DOWN) FOR VGA OUT 31khz

Last edited: