Come on, this is a boot, right?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yes, that is very much a boot. Good eye, especially for a new guy! I don't know the technical terms, but those mini-circuitboards put on top of the normal ones, with the smaller chips on them are surefire signs of bootlegs. (SamShoV and SVC are exceptions to this rule, involving daughterboards on top of other chips) That's exactly the same setup as my Neo Bomberman bootleg.

Wow, and to think I was looking at that cart earlier....

PS, the appropriate place to post this woudla been here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

And welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Auction is for a RARE and EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND Neo Geo MVS cart Bust-A-Move Again! Cart is in great shape and has a fake lable on it. The Boards are all original SNK boards, this is not a Boot copy of the game. :tickled: Winner must contact me with in 3 days and make payment with in 10 days.

My Messages: Ask a Question
Ask a question

To: y_k_g

NOTE:this IS a Boot copy of the game

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
The auction is closed and the pictures of the boards have been deleted... keep an eye out for this getting relisted.

I saw the pics before they were taken down, and this is very clearly a boot.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I "asked a question" on eBay, basically telling him it was a boot, and directing him to a site where he could see what boots versus non-boots look like on the inside, and instructing him what to look for. I recommended that he closed the auction, and possibly relist it as "100% working." It seems that I may very well have not been the only one to tell him this. Anyhow, nice to see that he took our advice.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
i bought mine from Tomcat,so definitely no boot.I never buy on ebay,most of my stuff i got on this site and local.

AtariBorn

New Challenger
I contact the seller as well, as soon as I noticed the socket risers.

Thanks for the welcome, starting an MVS collection.

Almost added that one...

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Yeah. Good for you for being smart enough to ask! I would've assumed it was good based on his word, myself (though I would've opened it upon arrival, and made him refund it either of his own will or through eBay/Paypal)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I recommended that he closed the auction, and possibly relist it as "100% working."
Why THE HELL did you do that? Tell him to stash it away in his closet never to see the light of day again. That's what happened to the boots I accidentally got. I might as well toss them.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Why THE HELL did you do that? Tell him to stash it away in his closet never to see the light of day again. That's what happened to the boots I accidentally got. I might as well toss them.

....because he may as well be allowed to sell it for the price of the components to make it at least, so long as the buyer knows what he's getting?

and send me your boots; I'll cover shipping costs. Seriously.

AtariBorn

New Challenger
I'd give $5 to $10 for it...

Just for the shell. Got a few that have seen better days.

Gotta find some empties!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
....because he may as well be allowed to sell it for the price of the components to make it at least, so long as the buyer knows what he's getting?

and send me your boots; I'll cover shipping costs. Seriously.
mmsadda just sent me a PM asking for the boots I have in my closet. You've got to be kidding me. Why do you think I've got them in the closet? They're common games. MVS carts are cheap. Buy the real thing.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
You should empty the garbage out of them and cut me a deal on the shells. ;)
Too late. I already took all the good shells to re-case my yaton carts. The boots I've got are not only bootlegged boards, but they've now got falling apart yaton cases with missing screws and pealing labels. They barely fit in the slot anymore.