Garbage graphics in MVS system

I've recently been having a problem with my MVS system and one cartridge in particular. When I first put it in, the graphics typically show up as distorted and garbage-y. I can usually fix it by powering off and adjusting the cart's seating in the slot, but the fact that this happens bothers me.

It's typically with a single cart, a used KoF95. Does anyone know what this could mean?

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
If cleaning the cart and cart slot does not do the trick have you considered checking the voltage? That turned out to be the problem for me.

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002486" target="_blank">Click Here For Details</a>

Actually, I haven't tried cleaning the cart yet. Should I clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab, or should I use something else?

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Originally posted by Magic Dunker:
<strong>Actually, I haven't tried cleaning the cart yet. Should I clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab, or should I use something else?</strong><hr></blockquote>
Use the highest percent rubbing alcohol you can find. What I do it grab a Q-tip and dip it in the alcohol and scrub the contacts up and down. After that grab a dry Q-tip and do the same. You’ll be amazed at how much crap comes off of those suckers.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Or you could get a high-quality contact cleaner that is basicly a high percentage alcohol and use that. And, I do think this is your problem, I have had that a million times with carts. A good cleaning and they work flawlessly.

-Nick