Monitor Problems

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Well unless i tweek the setting every time i turn my cab on the very top of the screen kind of folds into itself, witch is annoying but the real problem is the screen is soo dark, i can only play at night with a pitch black living room, the contrast and brightness settings only distort the colors, do i need a tv repair man to check this out, is the monitor dead, or what? If i do need a new monitor how much do they go for? thanks, i will post some pics tommarow.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You need a cap kit, the electroes in the vertical drive stage have dried out.

pyrokilla

thanks for the reply, is this somthing i can do, or do i need an expirenced tech to do this? and will this fix the darkness aswell or just the "folding"?

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: pyrokilla ]</p>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You can increase the "brightness" by turning up the screen voltage, thats the pot below the focus control on the lfbt, If your not sure get someone else who is to do it, there are very high voltages around there.

pyrokilla

Originally posted by ttooddddyy:
<strong>You can increase the "brightness" by turning up the screen voltage, thats the pot below the focus control on the lfbt, If your not sure get someone else who is to do it, there are very high voltages around there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh, i have no idea where those adjustments are made, so ya a tech would be a good idea eh, heh

Asi

n00b
If you don't know if you can install a cap kit yourself, then you need someone else to do it!

However, if you own or work with arcade games you really should learn a little bit about safety including discharging the crt.

pyrokilla

well no i dont own an arcade, im just addicted to the neo :)

pyrokilla

Originally posted by ttooddddyy:
<strong>You can increase the "brightness" by turning up the screen voltage, thats the pot below the focus control on the lfbt, If your not sure get someone else who is to do it, there are very high voltages around there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Can you post a pic of where this is? Thanks

:(

pyrokilla

or can someone point me to a website that deals with this